This day 14th February

Looks to have been taken from Plymouth Hoe, the building on the right is now a restaurant/ bar. Free parking. Carrier probably razor blades, which one was it? Eagle ?

T'aint the Bulwark, she only had one mast. Ark came in Nov 78 IIRC 'cos we had just come back from 3 months oop North and the bastards wouldn't let us in until the Ark had gone in first, kept us at Charlie buoy overnight!!!

Last edited:
T'aint the Bulwark, she only had one mast. Ark came in Nov 78 IIRC 'cos we had just come back from 3 months oop North and the bastards wouldn't let us in until the Ark had gone in first, kept us at Charlie bouy overnight!!!
I bet you counted the rivets as well didn't you?
Go on admit it.

Only the one Rummers, it was noticeable as it was a different colour to all the others and was quite shiny. For some reason it also made your eyes water!

wet_blobby

War Hero
I just found out my next door neighbor (across a paddock and up a hill) is an ex navy officer who served on the Ark, he went to the states on her when 42 where embarked (1974 ish?)

R09 I know I am late for the 'party' but..She played a great role in my life. I joined her in 61 and we remained good friends till end of commission in 63.This is
my first post so be gentle!!!

Good pic Scouse, I did get to go aboard the Ark, when in Malta once with the Vic, a lot of my old joining up class picked the Ark up on their first draft. Amongst the handlers were 'Barney' Pritchard, Trevor 'Bev' Brookes and Dave Buckingham. Good days !!