Thinking of re enlisting

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Shimmy24, Feb 16, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello guys I'm a new user here have tried a few other areas in my quest to get answers but to no avail.

My question is this I left the navy in 2007 and discovered I have keracatonus in my right eye I've been told that the condition shouldn't get any worse I do wear contact lenses and it improves the sight in my right eye I was wondering if I applied if I could appeal the medical as I know they will probably refuse me as it is listed in the exception box thanks in advance
  2. You haven't been rejected yet so there is nothing to appeal. If you apply and are rejected on medical grounds you cannot appeal against the standards that are laid down.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I am just going on the theory of it being the outcome but thanks for the quick reply
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

5. Thanks the pdf was useful so in lamens terms it would be a flat denile of entry?
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It doesn't look good I'm afraid but definitive advice is best given by those qualified. Perhaps @angrydoc or @nemesis1066 are in a position to give a qualified pointer.
  7. Thank you for direction much appreciated