Thinking of joining

I left the regular R.N. (FAA) in 1997 after completing 7 and a bit years service. I can appreciate that was some 13 years ago now, but probably like most it still seems like yesterday.

Can anyone out there tell me if I would have to do the Basic Training at Raliegh again if I were to join my local RNR branch ?

Cheers

I left in 1996 (redundancy) and rejoined the reserves in march last year. Given a bypass for Raleigh and am about to be rated AB1. Just remember , You dont get anything unless you ask. Goodluck and hope you get the assistance you need from your unit.

R12_CV

Lantern Swinger
Exwafu said:
I left the regular R.N. (FAA) in 1997 after completing 7 and a bit years service. I can appreciate that was some 13 years ago now, but probably like most it still seems like yesterday.
Can anyone out there tell me if I would have to do the Basic Training at Raliegh again if I were to join my local RNR branch ?
Cheers
I'm ex regular
Was told to do Raleigh when joined RNR... and enjoyed it! (most of it)

Would it be a problem for you?

Exwafu said:
The rules used to say >5y ago & you'd have to go to Raleigh again, but things seem a bit more flexible now.

If they do make you go, it's only for two weeks; also the average RNR new entry is a lot older than the average RN one, so the atmosphere might be very different.

APN