Thinking of joining

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Exwafu, Feb 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the regular R.N. (FAA) in 1997 after completing 7 and a bit years service. I can appreciate that was some 13 years ago now, but probably like most it still seems like yesterday.

Can anyone out there tell me if I would have to do the Basic Training at Raliegh again if I were to join my local RNR branch ?

Cheers

2. Hello mate, I left in 2004 and I've I don't have to do Raleigh again. I understand it is up to the CO or not of that unit.

3. I shouldn't think so. It'd be a right waste of time.

Get in mate. You'll love it.

4. I left in 1996 (redundancy) and rejoined the reserves in march last year. Given a bypass for Raleigh and am about to be rated AB1. Just remember , You dont get anything unless you ask. Goodluck and hope you get the assistance you need from your unit.

5. I'm ex regular
    Was told to do Raleigh when joined RNR... and enjoyed it! (most of it)

Would it be a problem for you?

6. The rules used to say >5y ago & you'd have to go to Raleigh again, but things seem a bit more flexible now.

If they do make you go, it's only for two weeks; also the average RNR new entry is a lot older than the average RN one, so the atmosphere might be very different.

APN

7. When you have joined get your RSO/Support Manager to request a NEC waiver from NPT(Res) and they will consider your request.