Thinking of joining up ?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by the.rea, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Like most anti war things they dont see the middle ground. Make the decision your self if your not sure it probably isnt for you. Both sides are a little biased. Probably setting my self up to be slated here.
  2. I am myself a tree hugger!! And kiss a whale!!

I long to save the planet by working on conservation issues.

Do not think that tree huggers are meek feeble minded types,

A knitting needle can do harm!! Failing that! Does anybody have a Charlie G and HEDP round or rounds to spare!! Some TWAT has decided that the roof of my car is fun times to bounce upon.
  3. Ah read some of it and they do like their statistics, which always makes me wonder how honest someone is in their claims.

I was taught a good phrase when I did history, 'there are lies, damn lies and statistics.'

you should always take everything you read with a pinch of salt or lo salt if you suffer from high blood pressure
  4. No they are Quaker Pacifists
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Quakers eh?

Reminds me of the following, (not sure of the provenance):

From an Aussie radio interview. For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an "Australian treasure!" and once Chief of Staff, Australian Forces. General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. You'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you've got to love this! It is a portion of an ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.