Thinking of joining the navy - Help needed

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by luvly_jubbly, Sep 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently 16 years old and possibly wanting to join the navy next year, at this current time im not in the best shape or fitness but that is what im going to be asking about, what is all the things I must be able to do to join the navy for example? run so many miles under a certain amount of time? have a certain strength? etc etc

thanks in advance!

2. Careers Office. Go!

3. And ask to be a Wafu( Luvly Jubly )not a Fish head!!! Dell Boy :wink: :wink:

4. most defo head down to your nearest AFCO....i was full of questions and indescion untill i visited them.
    Believe me mate will be a great help and ninja will probs be along to help you out.

5. Hang on, you're 16 and you can form coherent sentences without the merest inkling of txtchavmong speak.

You will go far.

6. Haha thanks its a little thing called sticking in at school which the majority of my age group dont have a clue about.

7. LJ

Where is your nearest RN Careers Office?

8. The fitter you are the easier it will be, get out running, I've just had 4 week off and come back into a week 8 assault course today, not one of the worst at fitness probably in the top 10 for running but it was still bloody hard. For your final military exam you will be running ruddy far carrying a 16 stone stretcher with 3 of your mates, you cant train for that other than being able to run well.

9. I love watching that, all the different colour faces and diced carrots on the roadside and the usual one being dragged along at the back...it's ace :lol:

10. Well I'm 18 now (just turned) and I'm going HMS Raleigh on 31st Januray. I'm just going out running every few days a week and I go spinning classes and the gym too. I think you best run a lot, well that's what they told me to do in the AFCO. I actually feel so much fitter as well!

The fitness test for me (I'm a girl) was to run 2.4 km on a treadmill in 14 minutes and 35 seconds. I think for boys it's 12 minutes and 35 seconds, maybe less? I'm not quite sure about the latter though. :D

11. 12:20 for 16-24 or 25 and it's different for different age brackets.

12. 18 years old. Female. Mmmm. Got any pics?

13. hahahaha......and so it begins....

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Whats a spinning class?

15. My god even i know that, :D its when you stand in the middle of the room and spinn round and round and round and eventually you puke, 8)

16. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I think it might be something to do with sheep, maybe kiwi fi can give us the full sp

17. meatspin.com for information on spinning.

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Quite.

If you try to run in my AFCO, you break your nose - not because it's so small but because it causes an annoying draught. :wink: