thinking of joining need help

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by lowey81, Aug 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi ppl im thinking of joining the RN ive called the careers office and have been told they wont take any applications until end of sept. im looking to join as a diver im physically fit enough but is it a problem that i am 29 ive seen the wait list is 24 months do alot of ppl apply to become a diver! if i cant get in as a diver any help on choosing another career would be a massive help cheers
  2. Royal Marines
  3. Army Ammo Tech.
  4. Join the 69ers

Muff Divers do it deep!

There's no muff that's too tuff!!
  5. Is this just for a Diver application or the whole service in general?
  6. You're allowed to join up to age 36, so as long as you're fit and healthy don't panic about your age. I'm nearly 28 and I've been on the waiting list to start phase one for just over a year. If you do decide to apply be prepared for a long wait.
  7. I was in the most recent pass out of Raleigh and there was about 8 or 9 divers, oldest was about 33 so should be alright. It's worth the wait, just don't do what someone did and PVR on the 1st day of getting to Raleigh lol..
  8. Be the best you can be ................the RAF Reg is calling.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Aah, but can they do this?

('Cos you never know when you might come across burning concrete blocks, while playing leap-frog with your Regiment buddies...) 8O :oops:
  10. Try the RNR to gain experience and contacts then go full time.

May look at you more favourably if you have some time in blue.
  11. I don't agree. If he is ready to go regular then the waiting time he has will not be long enough to gain proper experience, and just ends up wasting the time and energy of the RNR DS.

In his late 20s he should have all experience necessary.