Thinking of Emigrating? What About Your Pensions?

Taztiff

War Hero
Some of you will decide to live abroad once you leave the Armed Forces so here, we explore the pension-related issues you need to consider.

The post Thinking of Emigrating? What About Your Pension? appeared first on Forces Pension Society.
From the link:
Once your pension is in payment, you will receive a Life Certificate every two years. It is important that you deal with this piece of personal admin straight away because, if the form is not returned in accordance with the instructions it contains, it will be assumed that you have died and your pension will stop!
Really! I havnt returned one of these and still getting paid. I do live in the UK though.
Please clarify @vauxhall

Sumo

War Hero
From the link:
Once your pension is in payment, you will receive a Life Certificate every two years. It is important that you deal with this piece of personal admin straight away because, if the form is not returned in accordance with the instructions it contains, it will be assumed that you have died and your pension will stop!
Really! I havnt returned one of these and still getting paid. I do live in the UK though.
Please clarify @vauxhall
what cert, never had one?

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
In UK you are unlikely to receive a Life Certificate - it could happen but they are not routinely sent out.

When you live abroad, however, they system checks that you are still alive. It used to be every 3 years but I learned (from Vets UK) that they now send Life Certificates out every 2 years.