thinking about the Lancs Fusiliers

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by golden_rivet, Jan 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can't find the thread now but someone posted about soldiers being given the use of sports facilities for free in Bury (I think) anyway it suddenly occurred to me that my Grandad who was one of them might not have dashed to take this up being the confirmed booze and fags man he was (or became) ... made me smile ... :thumright:

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

This is the regiment that won six VCs before breakfast when landed from HMS Euryalus at w Beach, Cape Helles, Gallipoli in 1915. Hence the ship bearing the regiment's motto (see avatar).

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Was this it?! :bball:

http://www.navy-net.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=10964.html

4. Ah, G R, they didn't have battle fitness tests (or whatever the brown jobs call them) in those days. Bury is providing a valuable facility to lads on leave in addition to saying thanks.

5. Oh GR, a Librarian failed a search only to have a REGGIE(!!) complete it. The shame the shame....
    NZB :blush: ;P

6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

NZB: Maybe she asked me to do it for her, in return for 'payment in kind'... 8O :wink:

7. Shudder.
    NZB

8. Look I go out for the day and when I come back I'm being slandered to the roof :threaten:

Just for that I won't tell you about my date ... :thumright:

9. Orr; go on. Is he the best yet?