Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about joining up

becky_w_84

Lantern Swinger
and have been looking at different trades that interest me, Hydrographic, Meteorological and Oceanographic Specialist, personnel logistians and CIS
Anyone done these and would you recommend them?
thanks, becky xxx
 

NotmeChief

Banned
After reading the shit on here and seeing how boring matlots are you still want to join.
Do something worthwhile, be a traffic warden.
 

andym

War Hero
becky_w_84 said:
and have been looking at different trades that interest me, Hydrographic, Meteorological and Oceanographic Specialist, personnel logistians and CIS
Anyone done these and would you recommend them?
thanks, becky xxx


No and No!Look,why dont you go down the AFCO and ASK these questions?Personally it seems to me that you dont really have an idea of just what you want to do.So i advise applying to KFC for a year or so and if you dont like it,join the Army!
 
Or Becky look at one of Ninja stokers posts, by his signature block there's lots of useful links that surprise surprise will tell you all about being mummys little sailor.
 

_Tim_

Banned
To be fair, they're all right. I probably learnt more information (useful for the application etc) from the AFCO than I've learn from this site. :dontknow:
 

becky_w_84

Lantern Swinger
_Tim_ said:
To be fair, they're all right. I probably learnt more information (useful for the application etc) from the AFCO than I've learn from this site. :dontknow:

but the afco is hardly open at this time of night is it?
 

becky_w_84

Lantern Swinger
NotmeChief said:
becky said:
theres some lovely helpful people on here not

That's because this question has been asked a thousand times, it became boring after the first 500. Go do a search.

but i wanted to hear from actual ppl who have done them jobs, not from some glossed-up official website
is the navy full of twats like u and some of the others on here? no wonder some ppl get put off...
 

andym

War Hero
becky_w_84 said:
NotmeChief said:
becky said:
theres some lovely helpful people on here not

That's because this question has been asked a thousand times, it became boring after the first 500. Go do a search.

but i wanted to hear from actual ppl who have done them jobs, not from some glossed-up official website, is the navy full of twats like u and of the others on here? no wonder some ppl get put off...

Oh Dearie me,sense of Humour failure methinks!
 

NotmeChief

Banned
becky_w_84 said:
NotmeChief said:
becky said:
theres some lovely helpful people on here not

That's because this question has been asked a thousand times, it became boring after the first 500. Go do a search.

but i wanted to hear from actual ppl who have done them jobs, not from some glossed-up official website
is the navy full of twats like u and some of the others on here? no wonder some ppl get put off...

Of course it full of twats, only twats join and want to join.
 

_Tim_

Banned
becky_w_84 said:
but i wanted to hear from actual ppl who have done them jobs, not from some glossed-up official website
is the navy full of twats like u and some of the others on here? no wonder some ppl get put off...
Well the "glossed-up" official site is your best bet. The people who do the jobs will be biased in one way or another.
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
_Tim_ said:
To be fair, they're all right. I probably learnt more information (useful for the application etc) from the AFCO than I've learn from this site. :dontknow:
No shit Sherlock. :x
You know why? It's because it's the AFCO Recruiters job to be helpful and provide you with the information you require to choose and succeed in your chosen career.
Our 'job' here on RR is to amuse ourselves watching toys been thrown out of the pram.
 

Waspie

War Hero
becky_w_84 said:
NotmeChief said:
becky said:
theres some lovely helpful people on here not

That's because this question has been asked a thousand times, it became boring after the first 500. Go do a search.

but i wanted to hear from actual ppl who have done them jobs, not from some glossed-up official website
is the navy full of twats like u and some of the others on here? no wonder some ppl get put off...

If you can't take the banter try the RAF, there more refined and have less twats per square mile so I hear.
 

_Tim_

Banned
NZ_Bootneck said:
No shit Sherlock. :x
You know why? It's because it's the AFCO Recruiters job to be helpful and provide you with the information you require to choose and succeed in your chosen career.
Our 'job' here on RR is to amuse ourselves watching toys been thrown out of the pram.
You know what? You're right. But I still think you're a cnut ...Most of the time :? :?
 

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
_Tim_ said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
No shit Sherlock. :x
You know why? It's because it's the AFCO Recruiters job to be helpful and provide you with the information you require to choose and succeed in your chosen career.
Our 'job' here on RR is to amuse ourselves watching toys been thrown out of the pram.
You know what? You're right. But I still think you're a cnut ...Most of the time :? :?
You seem to think your opinion of me counts for summat. :roll:
And get it right I'm a full time cnut, at least their useful. Unlike Tools like you.
 

_Tim_

Banned
NZ_Bootneck said:
You seem to think your opinion of me counts for summat. :roll:
And get it right I'm a full time cnut, at least their useful. Unlike Tools like you.
Not particularly. I just don't give a toss about an awful lot at the moment. I've forgotten where I was going with that
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Thinking of joining RNR. Ex raf rigger Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 35
D 56 and thinking about joining the RFA... ex infantry 12 years in, retired cop 23 years in, currently working for Scots Government as an investigator. RFA 39
L thinking about joining Joining the Royal Navy 5
D Thinking about joining RNP Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S Thinking of joining the RNR but unsure Joining the Royal Navy 12
Borochap Ex RN Chef thinking of joining up, advice please... RFA 67
D Thinking of joining RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 14
S I'm thinking about joining the RFA RFA 13
C Thinking of joining the RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 16
S Thinking about joining as ATC. Help? The Fleet Air Arm 7
T thinking of re-joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
B Thinking of joining RFA, travel fund to ship questions RFA 9
W Thinking about joining. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
instinct Thinking of joining as a ET ME (SM) or Surface Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
D I'm thinking about joining... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
I Thinking of joining WS branch Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
S Thinking of re joining!! The Quarterdeck 71
W thinking of joining the navy at 35??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
G Just achieved a 2.1 BSc degree - Thinking of joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
J bootneck thinking of re joining the corps The Corps 13
C qualified paramedic thinking of joining the navy! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
O Thinking of Re-joining......... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
T-H Thinking of joining the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
T Thinking of joining the Navy as a Warfare Officer The Fleet 3
L thinking of joining need help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
Q Thinking of joining the RNR... some serious advice please! Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 7
T Thinking of joining up. just after some advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
E Thinking of joining Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 6
FISO Thinking about joining the RNZN? The Quarterdeck 12
L Thinking of joining the navy - Help needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 24
D Thinking of joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 22
2_deck_dash Thinking of joining the RNR Diamond Lil's 10
W Ex-Army Officer thinking of joining RMR RMR 10
_Tim_ I've been thinking about joining some more. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
K A few questions. Ex army reg -thinking of joining RMR RMR 28
N Really thinking about joining the RMR RMR 42
the.rea Thinking of joining up ? Diamond Lil's 5
Globe-Trotter Thinking of joining,so here I am. The Corps 17
wardmaster Thinking of joining the RN? - Don't! The Gash Barge 41
M Qualified Deck Officer, Thinking of moving from Cruise Ships to RFA RFA 3
vauxhall Thinking of Emigrating? What About Your Pensions? Finance & Pensions 3
MoD_RSS News story: New funding stream for blue sky thinking MoD News 0
vauxhall Thinking and Planning Ahead - FARs Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Speech: A different philosophy: why our thinking on flooding needs to change faster than the climate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: From jail to a job: women take bold steps with forward thinking charity MoD News 0
T Ex WE thinking about rejoining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
S Thinking of re enlisting Health & Fitness 6
MoD_RSS Speech: Secretary of State offers an insight into UK defence thinking MoD News 0
M EX regular thinking of RNR Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 73
MoD_RSS Speech: Thinking to win MoD News 0
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

Top