Thinking about having another go... need some advice

1ManRiot

Lantern Swinger
I was training with 107tp at ManDet last year/early this year, but had a few... problems and ended up wrapping my tits in on the day of leaving for the 2 week Phase 1 culmination at Lympstone (April 2008 ish).

I went in to the Det the following Tuesday and basically apologised and said I wanted to continue training.

Regretably, that was the last time they saw or heard from me to date.

I have since resolved most of my outstanding issues and I am contemplating having another shot at the RMR.

The problem is as above really, I have basically ignored any correspondence with the RMR since then and obviously they aren't very happy about that.

The last letter I received stated that if I didn't get in touch by a certain date I would be recommended for Discharge for Bad Attendance. I was moving house at the time and missed the date to call the Det and have since put it off.

What are my options?

1ManRiot said:
I was training with 107tp at ManDet last year/early this year, but had a few... problems and ended up wrapping my tits in on the day of leaving for the 2 week Phase 1 culmination at Lympstone (April 2008 ish).

I went in to the Det the following Tuesday and basically apologised and said I wanted to continue training.

Regretably, that was the last time they saw or heard from me to date.

I have since resolved most of my outstanding issues and I am contemplating having another shot at the RMR.

The problem is as above really, I have basically ignored any correspondence with the RMR since then and obviously they aren't very happy about that.

The last letter I received stated that if I didn't get in touch by a certain date I would be recommended for Discharge for Bad Attendance. I was moving house at the time and missed the date to call the Det and have since put it off.

What are my options?
Interesting question, bearing in mind your other recent post...

1ManRiot

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:43 pm Post subject: Re: RMR deployment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in it purely for ops myself. I know that in 10 years time, I will regret not having been on ops.

"Now crack on lofty, or I'll be the adversity for you to be cheerful in the face of....."

:threaten: I suggest you start by having a long hard look at yourself

MOOSE

Lantern Swinger
basically -- if you cant make up your own mind what to do and need to ask on this forum - i think you have answered your own question
dont bother going back -- you will only wrap your tits in again give the TA a try

good luck

1ManRiot

Lantern Swinger
dogsnaffle
Sorry I must be missing something, what relevance does your quote have to the above question? You're aware the time between posts is over a year different aren't you?

MOOSE, ex_rubberdagger
You could try re-reading the question and perhaps you'll realise that I'd made my mind up and was asking what my options were with regards my previous conduct.

1ManRiot said:

Regretably, that was the last time they saw or heard from me to date.I have since resolved most of my outstanding issues and I am contemplating having another shot at the RMR.

What are my options?
Ok. I've re-read your post and i stand by my comments.

You obviously dont have the time and levels of commitment to pass the course so i was stating that perhaps another unit was for you. Also.....as someone else highlighted on here you said previously that you were only interested in ops which to me sounds like you want all the glory but dont want to put in the hard work first

Prove me wrong you know you want to

Allow me to clarify:

Compare and contrast the following two statements using diagrams to highlight your argument and showing all your workings:

"I'm in it purely for ops myself" with "Regretably, that was the last time they saw or heard from me to date"

Hint: Use the word "Commitment" several times and refer to the number of tours completed by Cdo Units while you have been looking for it.

10 Points

MOOSE

Lantern Swinger
1 man riot
Heres the bottom line - your lack of communication - in your own words - you ignored corespondence will seriously hamper your chances
heres another home truth - its not really your decision to give it another go its up the the training team at MANDET !!

nuff said -- or has the penny not dropped yet

do the RMR a favour , like i said go and join the TA

Good luck