Things that p**s you off - post your rants

fishhead

War Hero
I'm reading in today's newspaper that some chap called Harry Wales want to pop over from the States and visit his Grandma later this year. Apparently he wants to bring the Missus and ankle biters and have a bit of a knees up. So far so good, but then while he's in the country he'd very much like the Metropolitan Police as minders. As he's got a few quid/dollars tucked away so he doesn't mind giving them a little towards any expenses incurred while in his employ.
I've been around for a good few years now and I had never known that the rich and privileged can hire the police as official minders as a private citizen. Is there a website somewhere displaying a scale of charges and if there is are they cheaper than using a private security firm?

taffscrivs

War Hero
Feckin one sided BBC Breakfast News, Report this morning about recent changes to the Highway Code to further protect cyclists. They had a bloke on from some cycling organisation lauding these new rules, all well and good you may think, but where was someone representing the ordinary motorist? We all see cyclists with apparent death wishes on a daily basis, such as the crets who jump red lights, ride on pavements and in pedestrianised areas , and ride in the hours of darkness without lights. Why is the law not changed to penalise these dullards? On the spot fines should be introduced, if they haven't got the means to pay immediately bike should be confiscated until they pay.
And what's this 'Dutch Method' of opening your car's door? Total bollocks! What's wrong with looking in the door mirror?

Sumo

War Hero
Feckin one sided BBC Breakfast News, Report this morning about recent changes to the Highway Code to further protect cyclists. They had a bloke on from some cycling organisation lauding these new rules, all well and good you may think, but where was someone representing the ordinary motorist? We all see cyclists with apparent death wishes on a daily basis, such as the crets who jump red lights, ride on pavements and in pedestrianised areas , and ride in the hours of darkness without lights. Why is the law not changed to penalise these dullards? On the spot fines should be introduced, if they haven't got the means to pay immediately bike should be confiscated until they pay.
And what's this 'Dutch Method' of opening your car's door? Total bollocks! What's wrong with looking in the door mirror?
What if you're not flexible enough to do the Dutch method?
I asked one of our lycra wearing cyclists at work why he didn't use the cycle paths provided, his reply, that would add 2 mins to his 8 miles ride to work?

Waspie

War Hero
You missed riding up a one way street against t he flow of traffic!!!

My particular cyclist pet hate!!!

Stirlin

War Hero
Jobs for York , bit of leveling up .

Sumo

War Hero
Morning news, sky, Russia, Tonga. BBC government bashing over whips, Boris spoke to the woman last summer and told her to submit a formal complaint, she chose not to. She has now joined the whip bashing bandwagon, yet another Boris ex minister (junior)

taffscrivs

War Hero
Morning news, sky, Russia, Tonga. BBC government bashing over whips, Boris spoke to the woman last summer and told her to submit a formal complaint, she chose not to. She has now joined the whip bashing bandwagon, yet another Boris ex minister (junior)
Backstabbing bastards. Like a flock of vultures circling dying prey....

Stirlin

War Hero
I am surprised any Tory ever get's elected , they have been stabbing each other in the back for as long as I can remember. An 80 seat majority can disappear very quickly .