Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Stirlin

War Hero
Cricket and both codes of rugby have had very good , quick review systems in place for yonks
footy , with all it's money uses summat that came free in a Cornflakes packet.
Did they bother to consult cricket or rugby......nope.
While I am here , stop the clock during injuries and such , been in place both codes of rugby again for yonks and it works......get's the crowd frothing at the mouth counting down the clock on the big screen.

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
The BBC piss me off.... why blank out the faces of these fuckwits ?

Prof Chris Whitty assaulted in St James Park, the faces of the assholes who carried out the attack should be put on national tv and a reward paid for the 1st person to batter the *******....

Just re-read it, the Met ‘have spoken’ to those involved !

Spoken to them.... no wonder the countries fucked

Salty-Dog

War Hero
There's probably a lot more involved in this.
It could be that Prof. Chris Whitty, being the unassuming and quiet person he appears to be, didn't want a fuss or make a complaint. But then that doesn't sell papers.

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger
Just re-read it, the Met ‘have spoken’ to those involved !

Spoken to them.... no wonder the countries fucked
Duffer
I might be able to help with an explanation. Let me first of all state that I am NOT a fan of the BBC.
I didn't know that they had blanked the faces of the duckheads involved in the Whitty episode, and although they had reported that two blokes had been spoken to, later bulletins said that enquiries were continuing. Evidence of identification will be central to the investigation, so potential witnesses, including Whitty, might be called to an ID parade - even though suspects have been caught on camera. As no one has yet been arrested or charged (apparently), legal proceedings are not active, so the BBC would not, in my opinion, have been in contempt of court by showing their faces. My guess, is that the Met will have asked the BBC not to show their faces at this time so as not to prejudice the enquiry.
Of course, the famously woke BBC might have other considerations concerning an individual's privacy; they have been bitten on the arse more than once by the likes of Cliff Richard, Paul Gambacini, etc, for overstepping the mark regarding privacy, so they could just be acting cautiously.

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
Duffer
I might be able to help with an explanation. Let me first of all state that I am NOT a fan of the BBC.
I didn't know that they had blanked the faces of the duckheads involved in the Whitty episode, and although they had reported that two blokes had been spoken to, later bulletins said that enquiries were continuing. Evidence of identification will be central to the investigation, so potential witnesses, including Whitty, might be called to an ID parade - even though suspects have been caught on camera. As no one has yet been arrested or charged (apparently), legal proceedings are not active, so the BBC would not, in my opinion, have been in contempt of court by showing their faces. My guess, is that the Met will have asked the BBC not to show their faces at this time so as not to prejudice the enquiry.
Of course, the famously woke BBC might have other considerations concerning an individual's privacy; they have been bitten on the arse more than once by the likes of Cliff Richard, Paul Gambacini, etc, for overstepping the mark regarding privacy, so they could just be acting cautiously.
Same here, I think the BBC is a shadow of the organisation it once was, impartiality in reporting has long since gone

If Prof Chris Whitty didn’t want a fuss / has enough in his plate without giving statements / going to court, the police who dealt with this could of handed out a few on the spot tickets. Breaching covid, offence proved, and S.5 public order, no actual need for a witness.... the Met has become as spineless as its leader

other news outlets have published the video, hopefully these lads will cop it off someone somewhere else

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
There's probably a lot more involved in this.
It could be that Prof. Chris Whitty, being the unassuming and quiet person he appears to be, didn't want a fuss or make a complaint. But then that doesn't sell papers.
The ‘officers’ who dealt with this are part of what’s known as the triangle of laziness, workshy who go to what was known as DPG (doors, posts, gates), palaces and royalty...... it’s more likely they couldn’t be arsed to do any work and just let it go.... this happened opposite Downing St, inside government security zone, embarrassing slackness

Latest Threads