Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Ballistic

War Hero
Different rules for major sporting events
England internationals at Wembley 25000, 12000+ at Ascot large crowds allowed at Wimbledon
Rugby Premiership Final at Twickenham application for a 20000 crowd denied, limit of 10000 limit imposed in an 82000 seater stadium (similar size to Wembley) gutted for all my Harlequin supporting mates with season tickets that live local and can't attend a stadium on their doorstep
It all seems very inconsistent and unfair.

Who's making these decisions? Is it PHE or the sporting bodies themselves or someone else?
Or is it more complicated than that?

BusterQuin

War Hero
Do you mean someone is accepting bribes, putting thousands of people at risk of infection?
Pretty shocking.

Any idea who that might be?
I didn't mean bribery, just the financial clout thatthe FA, UEFA, and FIFA have especially when the carrot of hosting other big competions ie the 2030 World Cup is in the offing

buffersduffer

Lantern Swinger
I didn't mean bribery, just the financial clout thatthe FA, UEFA, and FIFA have especially when the carrot of hosting other big competions ie the 2030 World Cup is in the offing
Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini were proved to be corrupt, and maybe worse than the financial corruption was the blind eye turned to construction worker deaths in Qatar for the next World Cup......

fishhead

War Hero
Since the Covid pandemic started it has been clear that ethnic minorities especially those from Asia and Africa were more likely to have serious illness and die than people with a European lineage. Therefore you would think that they above all would be anxious to get the vaccinations which hopefully will either prevent illness or very much reduce it's impact. Not so it seems. The BBC are reporting in areas with a high level of diverse population( their euphemism for areas where lots of ethnic minorities live) have levels of take up of the vaccine at 51% against a national average of 81%. To my certain knowledge the BBC have already run two programmes wondering why ethnic minorities were adversely affected by covid and I'm waiting for the next. I wonder what the excuse will be this time.