Things that p**s you off - post your rants

fishhead

War Hero
I expect the council has no problem getting applications from heterosexual couples but have trouble finding enough in the minority community which may explain the advert.

Amazon!!!

Bought one on those Alexa Shows in Feb (The one with the screen), use it in the home office for Internet Radio etc.

Recently it occasionally doesn't respond to the command call (Alexa) and needs to be switched on and off and then it works for a week or so.

Contacted Amazon this morning and as its over 30 days but within a year there are two options:

1. I pay them £23 (I wont get back) and they send me a new one today and a label to send the U/S one back. They stressed its my responsibility until they receive it and will be charged full price if it gets lost.

2. I send it back (like above with their label and my responsibility), and I'll get a replacement in approx. 28 days!!!

The £23 is apparently down to Covid and the increase in parcel/online purchases?

So they are now putting a Tax on returns!!! as if they haven't made enough money through this pandemic :(

Sumo

War Hero
Amazon!!!

Bought one on those Alexa Shows in Feb (The one with the screen), use it in the home office for Internet Radio etc.

Recently it occasionally doesn't respond to the command call (Alexa) and needs to be switched on and off and then it works for a week or so.

Contacted Amazon this morning and as its over 30 days but within a year there are two options:

1. I pay them £23 (I wont get back) and they send me a new one today and a label to send the U/S one back. They stressed its my responsibility until they receive it and will be charged full price if it gets lost.

2. I send it back (like above with their label and my responsibility), and I'll get a replacement in approx. 28 days!!!

The £23 is apparently down to Covid and the increase in parcel/online purchases?

So they are now putting a Tax on returns!!! as if they haven't made enough money through this pandemic :(
Something I read, where governments are trying to tax Amazon, the money grabbing git at the top, just puts in on to the sellers.

taffscrivs

War Hero
DVLA . What the hell is going on in Swansea? Still waiting for my HGV licence to be renewed, same every year, it arrives 3 months late and backs up anually. Now I'm over 65 have to have a medical every year, but at this rate I'll only have 4 medicals in 5 years, saves a few bob in doc's fees I suppose. But my birthday is in October and it's now June, DVLA say if you get pulled by the feds tell them it's in the system and they can check online. Try telling that to some over zealous plod!
And another thing, I've been waiting 14 weeks now for an age related registration for one of my bikes, should take 8 weeks max. Their excuse? The covid situation. The fact that they keep going on strike at the drop of a hat doesn't seem to enter the equation in their minds. I was on the phone for over an hour yesterday to renew my driver's tacho card, excuse yet again covid, not a word about striking yet again last week, disruptive bastards. Rant over. For now....

Sumo

War Hero
DVLA . What the hell is going on in Swansea? Still waiting for my HGV licence to be renewed, same every year, it arrives 3 months late and backs up anually. Now I'm over 65 have to have a medical every year, but at this rate I'll only have 4 medicals in 5 years, saves a few bob in doc's fees I suppose. But my birthday is in October and it's now June, DVLA say if you get pulled by the feds tell them it's in the system and they can check online. Try telling that to some over zealous plod!
And another thing, I've been waiting 14 weeks now for an age related registration for one of my bikes, should take 8 weeks max. Their excuse? The covid situation. The fact that they keep going on strike at the drop of a hat doesn't seem to enter the equation in their minds. I was on the phone for over an hour yesterday to renew my driver's tacho card, excuse yet again covid, not a word about striking yet again last week, disruptive bastards. Rant over. For now....
Blame Covid, blame Boris's handling of Covid (for @taffscrivs cannot blame the left wing union) and not the unions action of striking. (How could strike action cause any issues, the union are controlling that)

Last edited:

taffscrivs

War Hero
Blame Covid, blame Boris's handling of Covid and not the union action of striking.
Here we go again, blame Boris. What for? The place is under covid regulations and work practices same as any other large employer so if the number of covid cases are high it must be brought in by the employees. Boris didn't sneak down there overnight and pour a bucketfull of covid bugs through the letterbox so how is he to blame? The people going on strike are probably whingeing that they can't go nightclubbing and off abroad on holiday as well. Thousands of other workers are still working away in hospitals, factories, etc, they are not being disruptive so why should DVLA staff take this action.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Here we go again, blame Boris. What for? The place is under covid regulations and work practices same as any other large employer so if the number of covid cases are high it must be brought in by the employees. Boris didn't sneak down there overnight and pour a bucketfull of covid bugs through the letterbox so how is he to blame? The people going on strike are probably whingeing that they can't go nightclubbing and off abroad on holiday as well. Thousands of other workers are still working away in hospitals, factories, etc, they are not being disruptive so why should DVLA staff take this action.
I think you've misunderstood Sumo's post (there's a novelty;)) re-read it in a heavily sarcastic tone.

Latest Threads