Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Stopped watching match of the day because of all the blood suckers taking a wage for sitting on their arse and spouting shite , they will never admit they owe their existence to Alan Hansen who was the first to REALLY analyse games , not that that was needed but they spotted an opportunity to make easy money once they had retired from playing. 2 , sometimes 3 pundits waffling during a match , Murphy is the worst , never shut's up. Downside is that it has crept into other sports , RUWC just gone Nick Mullins giving bio's of players during a match among other things that are of no interest , non stop ,.......really ?. Just STFU , stop treating us as if we have no knowledge of the game , you add absolutely nothing to the match being broadcast.
Yep, couldn't agree more! I hate LadyBall, but during the rugby WC used to turn the telly on just before kick-off. And that harridan with the annoying voice? It seems they took the hint(s) as she wasn't on again.
Fair point, but hard to believe when they have a cuddle instead of a scrum ;)
Yep again - not like scrums I remember! You used to get penalised for putting the ball deep into your own first or second row!

Yep, couldn't agree more! I hate LadyBall, but during the rugby WC used to turn the telly on just before kick-off. And that harridan with the annoying voice? It seems they took the hint(s) as she wasn't on again.

Yep again - not like scrums I remember! You used to get penalised for putting the ball deep into your own first or second row!

I can remember when the ball had to be put in absolutely straight by the scrum half; as a hooker, that used to give me at least a chance of getting the ball against the head. The trick was speed and determination, and not minding getting kicked on the shins! (Bastard backs never, ever, said thank you)

Fecking supermarkets again! In Morrisons Abergavenny today. If you want a carrier bag they charge you for it as this is supposed to cut down on plastic use. But a walk down the veg aisle proves how two faced they are. Brocoli and swedes vacuum packed! What for? Who the feck wants a gift wrapped swede?

Can it be that men are no longer buying new or second hand cars anymore? What has prompted this enquiry are all the current advertisements on the telly are all squarely aimed at women in the 20 -30 years of age group. All those shown going into a car showroom and all those driving out on the road are in that age bracket along with those buying or selling on the various on-line dealers. I'm not suggesting that car buying and selling is a purely male domain but I do think they are being overlooked when it come to the target audience for advertising agencies.

Can it be that men are no longer buying new or second hand cars anymore? What has prompted this enquiry are all the current advertisements on the telly are all squarely aimed at women in the 20 -30 years of age group. All those shown going into a car showroom and all those driving out on the road are in that age bracket along with those buying or selling on the various on-line dealers. I'm not suggesting that car buying and selling is a purely male domain but I do think they are being overlooked when it come to the target audience for advertising agencies.
TV advertising is far from reality. If you were to believe them, the UK is 75% black, and around 50% of marriages mixed race.

And yh, you are right about the car dealers. They should do a side by side with how much the unfortunate 20-30 something will have to pay out on insurance too for the sporty little number they are thinking of buying.

TV advertising is far from reality. If you were to believe them, the UK is 75% black, and around 50% of marriages mixed race.

And yh, you are right about the car dealers. They should do a side by side with how much the unfortunate 20-30 something will have to pay out on insurance too for the sporty little number they are thinking of buying.
I would say 90% , and mostly black man / white woman.......never any Asians featured.

Latest Threads