Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Ballistic

War Hero
Strong smell of smoke from outside when I went to bed last night.

BBQ wankers at it again :mad:

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/fire-crews-battle-lancashire-moorland-18337598

Local building supplies company!!! I needed 3 lengths of decking to repair a few rotten bits, the stuff that is down (previous owner) is not the standard stuff so god knows where he got it from? Searched the internet and managed to find a company up North that sold with a pic. Sent the pic to my local building supplier (email, remember this bit) and asked if they had any? The lady in the office looked at the pic and said "no sorry we haven't got that, we only sell one type". Chatting to my neighbour (odd job man), he told me the said building supplier has my decking in.

On the way to the shop I dropped by the building supplier, looked through the fence and there must have been at last a few hundred lengths of the stuff I need? Phoned up and spoke to the lady and she said "why didn't you say you wanted standard type?", "I sent you a pic", I replied, "I never read emails", she said!!!

Anyway 3 lengths are arriving today, and after a chat to the manager now with 20% discount.

Sumo

War Hero
Local building supplies company!!! I needed 3 lengths of decking to repair a few rotten bits, the stuff that is down (previous owner) is not the standard stuff so god knows where he got it from? Searched the internet and managed to find a company up North that sold with a pic. Sent the pic to my local building supplier (email, remember this bit) and asked if they had any? The lady in the office looked at the pic and said "no sorry we haven't got that, we only sell one type". Chatting to my neighbour (odd job man), he told me the said building supplier has my decking in.

On the way to the shop I dropped by the building supplier, looked through the fence and there must have been at last a few hundred lengths of the stuff I need? Phoned up and spoke to the lady and she said "why didn't you say you wanted standard type?", "I sent you a pic", I replied, "I never read emails", she said!!!

Anyway 3 lengths are arriving today, and after a chat to the manager now with 20% discount.
just cannot get the staff, she related to the owner?

I am on assignment out in Connecticut for the next couple of years. So in addition to putting up with all the covid issues, I also have to obtain a Connecticut State drivers licence. If I were from Germany or some other random EU country I would just be able to transfer my UK one over, but no. The special relationship does not stretch that far!

First mistake was buying a second car (I have a works lease vehicle) from an out of state dealer who would go through the motions to obtain my plates (you have to get your own plates for the car) and away I would go. Nope, too easy that. The licence people hung onto the application for months, then as the offices started to open up said I needed to collect them personally post presentation of the paperwork. But I can only get the plates with a Connecticut licence! I cannot get a learners test until October so am not able to register the car so its going to sit outside my accommodation until then,. The kicker is that they then told me I could always just carry on driving my lease car until then as the international licence is fine for that. How backward is that?

I wish they would visit the UK and see how easy it is to get a car and have it registered. Over here it is paperwork, inefficiency for the sake of keeping a jobsworth in a job. Its not like passing a driving test means anything over here. Half of them havent got a bloody clue how to drive safely.

Rant over, over.

Covid testing!!!

Wife and young un woke yesterday with a hacking cough, wife feels ok (ish) today and after a chat with the doc the young un has a throat infection. Spoke to the school and they said she has to have a CV-19 test to return to school.

Tried all morning to get one, two test centres within 20 miles (Peterborough and Cambridge), they only one available was in Coventry (over 120 mile round trip), but we can only get one in about two weeks!!!

Looks like home schooling again then until somebody sorts this mess out.

Just getting used to being kid free forb a few hours :)

Sumo

War Hero
Covid testing!!!

Wife and young un woke yesterday with a hacking cough, wife feels ok (ish) today and after a chat with the doc the young un has a throat infection. Spoke to the school and they said she has to have a CV-19 test to return to school.

Tried all morning to get one, two test centres within 20 miles (Peterborough and Cambridge), they only one available was in Coventry (over 120 mile round trip), but we can only get one in about two weeks!!!

Looks like home schooling again then until somebody sorts this mess out.

Just getting used to being kid free forb a few hours :)
Local in Guzz told no tests for miles, he drove to local test center and was seen straight away? computer not know what it doing?

huwshpis

War Hero
Was thinking of moving home to be nearer No1 Stepson. Found a place in Burnham-on-Sea (Som) - nearest railway station - Llantwit Major on the other side of the Bristol Channel! I didn't fancy a long swim (14 miles) both before and after a full day in court, I'm nowhere near as fit as a racing snake. Another computer with inadequate programming.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Was thinking of moving home to be nearer No1 Stepson. Found a place in Burnham-on-Sea (Som) - nearest railway station - Llantwit Major on the other side of the Bristol Channel! I didn't fancy a long swim (14 miles) both before and after a full day in court, I'm nowhere near as fit as a racing snake. Another computer with inadequate programming.
There is a station, you can even leave your push bike there :)

Local in Guzz told no tests for miles, he drove to local test center and was seen straight away? computer not know what it doing?

Managed to get a get a test from a mate who works at a Nursing Home, he booked us one of theirs. Came back negative on Friday so she is back into school this morning.

Now I have got her cold!! However its CV-20+ aka Man Flu :(

slim

War Hero
Managed to get a get a test from a mate who works at a Nursing Home, he booked us one of theirs. Came back negative on Friday so she is back into school this morning.

Now I have got her cold!! However its CV-20+ aka Man Flu :(
As Wafus we are very lucky
Those fishead sods always said that Wafus were too slow to catch a cold. So we have very little chance of catching Covid :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ninja_Stoker Things that p**s others off but amuse you - Post their rants. Diamond Lil's 1
MoD_RSS News story: Skipper rescued off Salcombe 'had done all the right things' MoD News 0
Joint_Force_Harrier Things that dont p*ss you off. The Fleet Air Arm 2
whitemouse Things that pee you off !! Diamond Lil's 42
MoD_RSS 8 things you should know about your student loan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Check your vehicle for these five things before driving MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Things New Yearsy Diamond Lil's 51
janner Things Christmassy Diamond Lil's 203
MoD_RSS 6 things to know about our performance in 2018-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 10 things to love about us MoD News 0
PotentialCT Officer, ratings & all things marriage Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS News story: Improve cyber security in the Internet of Things: apply for funds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Budget 2018: 24 things you need to know MoD News 0
soleil Forces Network: "Killer Whales Could Make Things Orca-ward For Military Exercise" Bases / Shore Est 0
TheLegend27 RNR CCF and other things Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
C All things snow Sports and Adventure Training 12
S Forgot to put things on medical forms... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS News story: CDE themed competition webinar: security for the internet of things MoD News 0
C Strangest Things witnessed seen at sea Diamond Lil's 122
F When Will Things Happen? (Roughly) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 46
stan_the_man They really know how to get things right in Cornwall fcuking Pointy Heads Diamond Lil's 19
soleil Telegraph: "10 Things No One Tells You Before You Join The Royal Marines" The Corps 27
Joint_Force_Harrier Things that make you facepalm! Diamond Lil's 8
sgtpepperband 28 Things That People With Big Boobs Can Simply Never Do Diamond Lil's 21
Ninja_Stoker ARRSE - The shape of things to come? (Fnarr) Site Issues 5
WreckerL Things never change The Quarterdeck 1
D Position of fin things.. Submariners 23
yamyamdabber Cheating at things. Diamond Lil's 11
stan_the_man When things go tits up Diamond Lil's 13
jefferson1666 stupid asthma problems.. sorry angry doc o worry alot about these things.. Health & Fitness 18
D Claiming tax back on things like boot polish/laundry/hair cuts UPO 14
janner Things you can only say at Xmas. Miscellaneous 4
janner Things You Shouldn't Say During Sex Miscellaneous 0
Merlin28 Things you remember from the old days Diamond Lil's 95
soleil Mail: 21/04/11: Letters: ""Why Not Mention The Good Things Our Navy Does?" Current Affairs 12
Joe_Crow C4 news - Deliberate lies or just too stupid to report things accurately? Current Affairs 10
J 101 things... Diamond Lil's 24
Good CO Site Upgrade - Known Issues, Please suffer things until tomorrow and goodnight! Site Issues 15
The_Caretaker Things You Don't Want to Hear During Surgery Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Things You Don't Want To Hear When Regaining Consciousness Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Things u shoud'nt say after sex Miscellaneous 0
S things to say when ur drunk Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Things Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Things could be worse Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Things Miscellaneous 0
Alfacharlie Things I Love!! Diamond Lil's 64
J Things I hate... Diamond Lil's 473
chatsharris Two things for you snaggy buggers... Diamond Lil's 15
soleil "Joint Helicopter Force Keeps Things Moving In Afghanistan" The Fleet Air Arm 5
cadetsmum Things are moving - at last, lol! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21