Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Sumo

War Hero
Mrs Taztiff says yes to turkey spag bol and to be honest she's right.
She puts bacon lardons or smoked streaky in it, a bit of chilli dipping sauce and pasata.
Only problem is now that she is wheat intolerant so we have to have gluten free pasta. The spag bol is gluten free from the start.
Did try quorn some time back but it was cack.
Mrs S gluten intolerant, she has her bread, pastas etc I have mine, she even has decaff coffee?

JFP

Badgeman
Not long back from Malta (Last week). One lunchtime in Valletta, oh and myself decided to have a bite to eat and have a drink. The said waiter arrived at our table and took our order. On competition, the same waiter presented me with the bill which came to something like 17 euros. Walking away, he said quite loudly 'I will get your change'. I had a hunch that he expected me to say don't bother. After a few minutes, his head slyly peepped round the door and a loud conversation was had between him and another member of the establishment, the theme being 'The tight bastard is still waiting'. He reluctantly threw the change at me and I un reluctantly pocketed it. If the cheeky twot had acted in a reasonable manner, he would have received a tip. Not only was he almost demanding a tip, he was deciding how much the amount would be. There was no further conversation with him and if there had been, I would have told him one of the old one liners like 'If you want a tip, don't buy a pair of tights for a mermaid'. Rant complete. Obey all further alarms.

Ballistic

War Hero
OK, I know this is an odd rant but I felt I had to get it off my chest...

Driving up the M5/M6 today, listening to the radio, "California Dreaming" by the Mamas & the Papas came on.

Nice song but... the lyrics started to irritate me.

All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown)
And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)
On a winter's day (on a winter's day)

Let's analyse this to the point of insanity, (caused by BMW tailgaiters and Audi lane-swervers):

Yep, no worries, standard for Autumn.

Woah! hang on a minute...

If it's Winter there won't be any leaves... or if there are they'll be on evergreen plants like holly or something and they won't be brown, they'll be green.

So... either the so called "walk" was taken in Autumn, or they just made the whole thing up.
It's almost like they were on drugs or something... :rolleyes:

On the plus side, speed restrictions now mean I can drive from Guzz to Lancashire on a single tank of petrol, something that was unacheivable before the advent of miles and miles of 50 mph limits.

Wightsparker

War Hero
OK, I know this is an odd rant but I felt I had to get it off my chest...

Driving up the M5/M6 today, listening to the radio, "California Dreaming" by the Mamas & the Papas came on.

Nice song but... the lyrics started to irritate me.

And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)
I've been for a walk (I've been for a walk)

Let's analyse this to the point of insanity, (caused by BMW tailgaiters and Audi lane-swervers):

Yep, no worries, standard for Autumn.

Woah! hang on a minute...

If it's Winter there won't be any leaves... or if there are they'll be on evergreen plants like holly or something and they won't be brown, they'll be green.

So... either the so called "walk" was taken in Autumn, or they just made the whole thing up.
It's almost like they were on drugs or something... :rolleyes:

On the plus side, speed restrictions now mean I can drive from Guzz to Lancashire on a single tank of petrol, something that was unacheivable before the advent of miles and miles of 50 mph limits.

In about 1965, my father was visited by an American with whom his company was working. The Yank brought his wife to visit our Bedfordshire home, and I was on holiday from school.

More importantly, the Yank also brought his two teenage daughters, and the three of us drifted to my bedroom to "listen to records." The girls - from New York!!!! - saw my guitar and asked me to play.

Well. The ability to play a 12 bar blues utilising chords A, D and E meant that I was clearly in the offing for my first threesome. (actually, it would have been my first twosome as well) This, however, may have been hampered by my murdering "House of The Rising Sun" but I was still in with a chance.

Then the girls produced an LP by a group called "The Mamas and the Papas", and insisted I played it through. It had a cover which featured a gorgeous blonde, a fat brunette and a couple of blokes, but the music was out of this world. The girls insisted I accepted it as a gift.

Fine, but the next we heard from downstairs was: "OK girls, time to go....." Oh, bugger.

I still hold a grudge against the Mamas and the Papas, especially when I hear "California Dreamin'". And especially when the instrumental pops up which is just slightly out of tune by being a touch sharp.

Thanks for sparking the memory, @Ballistic .

Sumo

War Hero
How many times does one have to tell a female not to overload circuits?
Her reply your an engineer sort it out?
DSC_0273.JPGDSC_0274.JPGDSC_0275.JPG

Sumo

War Hero
PAT tested?
Even worse, it was plugged into an RCD which didn't trip??? Melted but didn't trip.

Even though I do not have proof of purchase I think I will be sending back to manufacture?

Offending Socket
RCD.jpg

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
What sort of fuse you have? 25mm nail?
standard 13amp, her father was a nail and wrap tin foil around blown fuses, plus wrapping bare wires around plug pins?
@Taztiff please note white bit inside plug is fuse which eventually blow, probably made in China with 6" nails? bugger up the west?

Last edited:

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Plugs like this bring to mind my late Mother. I pop into see her, can you fix this plug please. I'd have a look and find a wire loose or whatever, fix it. You could have done that Mum says I, No I can't says She. What did you do during the war Mum? Put the wiring into Spitfire wings. She probably downed more planes than the Luftwaffe.

Sumo

War Hero
When I first met Mrs S and went home to her parents’ house, every socket in the house had flash burns on them, asked can I unplug hair dryer, plug no back on, bare contacts, next visit been to woollies armed with bag of plugs, I fitted them to all appliances. Future mother-in-law says thank future father-in-law says waste of money?

Mrs S also hide the fact I was jack from her old man, for months?