Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Sumo

War Hero
If I buy one, I may have it installed in the back garden within a brick enclosure. It will be open to the element's allowing the smell of shit to escape upwards. Would need a fly spray in the Summer though. A very nice conversation piece for the neighbours to look at.
Especially when in use, if you leave the surrounding wall low so they can see your head, remember to say hello if you see them when using?

taffscrivs

War Hero
If I buy one, I may have it installed in the back garden within a brick enclosure. It will be open to the element's allowing the smell of shit to escape upwards. Would need a fly spray in the Summer though. A very nice conversation piece for the neighbours to look at.
Same design as the ones on French motorway rest areas then?

I've come to the end of my mobile contract (£31 a month), rang up Three and told them I've paid for the phone and therefore my monthly bill should now be cheaper (haven't got a new phone yet). The guy said we'll switch you onto a SIM only deal at £16 a month (same data etc.). He then quickly and under his breath said "so that's a 12 month contract", I said, "Hold one, did you say a 12 month contract?", He replied, "yes". I said "I wanted a rolling monthly one that I could leave at anytime", he said, "that's fine, same deal at £16 a month"!!! so for the same price I could have been tied in for a further 12 months on a two year old phone!!!!

Got to give it to our Indian cousins they know how to try and rip you off on a contract!!!

Last edited:

Taztiff

War Hero
I've come to the end of my mobile contract (£31 a month, rang up Three and told them I've paid for the phone and therefore my monthly bill should now be cheaper (haven't got a new phone yet). The guy said we'll switch you onto a SIM only deal at £16 a month (same data etc.). He then quickly and under his breath said "so that's a 12 month contract", I said, "Hold one, did you say a 12 month contract?", He replied, "yes". I said "I wanted a rolling monthly one that I could leave at anytime", he said, "that's fine, same deal at £16 a month"!!! so for the same price I could have been tied in for a further 12 months on a two year old phone!!!!

Got to give it to our Indian cousins they know how to try and rip you off on a contract!!!
Mine is due very soon.
However, my daughter in law is working at the EE call centre so I'm hoping she will be calling me to offer the best that money can buy!

Sumo

War Hero
I pay £5.00 a month for plusnet (EE service) Unlimited text, shed loads of mins and 2 G data (maybe more?), I have never gone over my limits, have never restricted my usage, using a Sony Xperia phone

I pay £5.00 a month for plusnet (EE service) Unlimited text, shed loads of mins and 2 G data (maybe more?), I have never gone over my limits, have never restricted my usage, using a Sony Xperia phone
To be honest I've got a IPhone also (work Phone) that does all I need apart from any "Special" site viewing when away on business :) I'll probably let my Samsung S7 die a death then worry about changing.

taffscrivs

War Hero
EE sim only unlimited texts and minutes £12 a month. Cheapo Alcatel flip phone £35 quid from Argos. Suits me fine, I don't need games, faceache and other assorted bollocks, or a smart phone.Younger blokes at work say I'm living in the past but who's the mug, me paying £12 a month or them buggers paying around £65?

Sumo

War Hero
EE sim only unlimited texts and minutes £12 a month. Cheapo Alcatel flip phone £35 quid from Argos. Suits me fine, I don't need games, faceache and other assorted bollocks, or a smart phone.Younger blokes at work say I'm living in the past but who's the mug, me paying £12 a month or them buggers paying around £65?
£12:00 spend thrift

WreckerL

War Hero
I use an Alcatel One Touch, pay as you go with EE, cost £30 from the EE shop and like you always have the kids at work take the piss.Every 3-4 months I stick £20 on it, it works everywhere I go and works on the car Bluetooth for hands free. Job done:)

Sumo

War Hero
I use an Alcatel One Touch, pay as you go with EE, cost £30 from the EE shop and like you always have the kids at work take the piss.Every 3-4 months I stick £20 on it, it works everywhere I go and works on the car Bluetooth for hands free. Job done:)
Mrs S brought me my phone, she said it was embarrassing to see me with my old Nokia?

I was SIM only with BT mobile family deal. £7.50 per phone, virtually unlimited texts and phone calls (who could possibly usse 5000 txts in a month or 2000 mins) and 2 gig data.

When we wanted new phones the last time, we did not bother with the mobile providers, we bought our phones SIM free off the tinterweb and we reckon we will save about £250-300 over the course of the 2 years we will keep them instead of being tied into a contract.

We will definitely go this way next time we need phones.