Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Wightsparker

War Hero
So it was you we were talking to in the back bar of that dive in Shanklin? :rolleyes:
I think that was more likely to have been @Stirlin.

Although, as it happens, the gentlemen of the Bargoed Male Voice Choir called into the White Lion at Arreton a couple of years ago on the way back to the ferry after a singing engagement in Shanklin. Great guys, and I happily joined in with their version of "Sixteen Tons". When they finished, one said to me: "You lead now, boy." Gulp. Without really thinking, I started "Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah" and they instantly followed. The bar rattled with the vibrations. The hair still prickles on the back of my neck when I think of it; what a privilege to have been invited to sing with them.

By the way, did Ifor Williams get a K for making trailers?

Edit: Bugg*r. Beaten by @taffscrivs by minutes!

huwshpis

War Hero
I don’t know of any connection between the scholar of ancient Welsh manuscrips and the trailer-maker, I’ll leave that to the genealogists.

I used to be a member of London Welsh Male Voice Choir and your description of the choir in the pub would fit us, too. We never overlook the opportunity for a singsong. I remember doing a concert at the De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill-on-Sea, and as we were climbing the spiral staircase to the bar afterwards, one of my oppos said, in a thick South London accent, “we could do a good In Nomine Jesu on this staircase!” So we did - the echo was just right for 15th century polyphony!

huwshpis

War Hero
Very rich-sounding church music that needs acoustics that keep the sound hanging in the air for a bit after you stop singing.

Selling the kids old garden trampoline on FB, still in not to bad condition but just want rid, stuck it on for £10 collection only. Spent a hour last light dismantling it and bagging up all the part.

Got loads of "is this still available" questions!!!

Got one off a bloke 15 miles away, "Could you deliver and I'm happy to pay £5 for it". My reply "you want me to do a 30 mile round trip and you give me fiver?", "yep, If you don't mind?", "are you willing to pay the petrol?", "I'm only happy to pay a fiver, that should cover the petrol", he replied. "Ok, so I bring the trampoline to you for £5 worth of petrol and give you it free?", his reply "mate, you want rid and I'm happy to pay half for it, so what's your issue?".

Once I told him to put the glue down he got a bit shirty and went on about how I shouldnt disrespect a customer!!!! The thing is going in the skip at the weekend!!!!

Asasioun

Badgeman
Selling the kids old garden trampoline on FB, still in not to bad condition but just want rid, stuck it on for £10 collection only. Spent a hour last light dismantling it and bagging up all the part.

Got loads of "is this still available" questions!!!

Got one off a bloke 15 miles away, "Could you deliver and I'm happy to pay £5 for it". My reply "you want me to do a 30 mile round trip and you give me fiver?", "yep, If you don't mind?", "are you willing to pay the petrol?", "I'm only happy to pay a fiver, that should cover the petrol", he replied. "Ok, so I bring the trampoline to you for £5 worth of petrol and give you it free?", his reply "mate, you want rid and I'm happy to pay half for it, so what's your issue?".

Once I told him to put the glue down he got a bit shirty and went on about how I shouldnt disrespect a customer!!!! The thing is going in the skip at the weekend!!!!

Sent using Tapatalk

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Next door had a two year old potting shed type thing. Advertised it for free but had to be gone within two days which would have made it Wednesday. Bloke rings up, wants it, all agreed, then he says I'll be over on Sunday to collect it. He got upset when told that it was free and it had to be gone by Wednesday. He didn't get it. Mind you He was from Portland :rolleyes:;)

@Joint_Force_Harrier my misses says we can sell that, due to the hassle you mention, most goes to the tip.
Don't be hasty shipper, I will purchase it for ten of your English pounds but you must ship it to me....air mail would be best....you handy for Heathrow? Take it there, much quicker than UPS etc. Must be done today, very quickly as the snow and ice are melting and I will need it fully functional for this coming weekend! Most happy to help out ops, we must look out for one another. I'm only a few hours East of Toronto......:):)

Wightsparker

War Hero
Next door had a two year old potting shed type thing. Advertised it for free but had to be gone within two days which would have made it Wednesday. Bloke rings up, wants it, all agreed, then he says I'll be over on Sunday to collect it. He got upset when told that it was free and it had to be gone by Wednesday. He didn't get it. Mind you He was from Portland :rolleyes:;)
I suppose it could have made a great rabbit hutch......

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Fed up of listening to shite music when I'm put on "hold" during telephone rants.
Idea!
Have more appropriate music for the customers to listen to whilst they're fuming, agitated or contemplating doing themselves in.

Here's one for The Samaritans:-