Things that p**s you off - post your rants

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
What's all this Yankee crap about today being Pi day?

No - it's not. Today is 14th March, or 143.

Therefore, Pi day is 31st April, or 314.

Christ, next they'll be talking about Math.....

Sumo

War Hero

Have to deal with septics all the time, they get the date and time wrong, I tend to give them day spell month, year and GMT.

Sumo

War Hero

I tend to think of 22 July, as I am divided between accuracy and approximations? 22/7

huwshpis

War Hero
Shouldn't that be Myfanwy?
No, Math fab Mathonwy, like Matholwch, is a character in the Mabinogion. The Mabinogion were written down between the 11th and 13th centuries but were probably part of a much older oral trafition. Myfanwy is a girl serenaded in the song of the same name, words by Richard Davies and music by Joseph Parry, which was written in the second half of the 19th Century.

Sumo

War Hero
No, Math fab Mathonwy, like Matholwch, is a character in the Mabinogion. The Mabinogion were written down between the 11th and 13th centuries but were probably part of a much older oral trafition. Myfanwy is a girl serenaded in the song of the same name, words by Richard Davies and music by Joseph Parry, which was written in the second half of the 19th Century.
Smart ass, or clever twat:p is that what education does for you?

Wightsparker

War Hero
That, @huwshpis , is complete loblocks, and I have it on impeccable authority. As it happens, fifteen or so large and helpful lads from Llanelly assured me that Mathonwy played lock for Bridgend when Max Boyce led the team to victory over Pontypridd in the Valleys Cup. And Myfanwy's father just happened to be the Mayor of Bayswater. So there, cleverclogs!;)

huwshpis

War Hero
That, @huwshpis , is complete loblocks, and I have it on impeccable authority. As it happens, fifteen or so large and helpful lads from Llanelly assured me that Mathonwy played lock for Bridgend when Max Boyce led the team to victory over Pontypridd in the Valleys Cup. And Myfanwy's father just happened to be the Mayor of Bayswater. So there, cleverclogs!;)
Don't tell Sir Ifor Williams, he'd have to hand his K back if he were still alive.

huwshpis

War Hero
So it was you we were talking to in the back bar of that dive in Shanklin? :rolleyes: