Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Sumo

War Hero
Purely by chance, I've found an old photo of that very conversation:
View attachment 37275
Not quite, but we did wear old school caps, a cross between a beret, and an eke-thump flat cap. but the teacher if a little larger looks very much like my old teacher, spooky, he was one of the old ex-military teachers recruited after the WWII, good teacher but took no shit

JFP

Midshipman
Another one that gets right up my snot box is when you are in the doctors, you meet somebody you know and they ask "Are you keeping well"? What the bloody hell do they think you are in there for? - buying new shoes? On one occasion, I was in the said waiting room awaiting my ears to be syringed. Some plank that I know kept trying to have a conversation despite me telling him that I could hardly hear. Mind you, for amusement purposes I am going to try to start a conversation with somebody waiting to have their ears done and see if I can wind them up.

Taztiff

War Hero
Another one that gets right up my snot box is when you are in the doctors, you meet somebody you know and they ask "Are you keeping well"? What the bloody hell do they think you are in there for? - buying new shoes? On one occasion, I was in the said waiting room awaiting my ears to be syringed. Some plank that I know kept trying to have a conversation despite me telling him that I could hardly hear. Mind you, for amusement purposes I am going to try to start a conversation with somebody waiting to have their ears done and see if I can wind them up.
Pardon?

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
Company HR department has just announced its closed in the Afternoons for urgent calls only.

Always been open in the past, however we have a new ex Military head of HR..... spooky that :(
Securing on a Thursday afternoon. À la Portland. You’ll be giving WAFU’s a bad name. !!

Sumo

War Hero
Yanks hate it when you tell them they speak Americanish and NOT English. :cool:
They also get upset when you tell them they are American and not, British, regardless of where the kin folk started out from, when they argue, I ask what passport are they entitled?

Last edited:

arcticfox042

Lantern Swinger
As we are talking trains - one of my retirement projects is a model railway that I always wanted as a kid - and 1 of the panoramas will be a part of Chatham Dockyard with a dry dock etc etc - been making /finding RN wagons and there are a few out there funnily enough
View attachment 37269View attachment 37271View attachment 37271View attachment 37270View attachment 37269
I don't remember those white buildings with the blue roof that are covered in graffiti at Chatham?