Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Soddin' Microsoft! In particular Windows 10 ... what a feed of sh*te! The trusty laptop which has been behaving itself since I bought it (2014) last weekend decided it wanted an update and to be honest its been updated regularly without any problems. This last weekend the update managed to corrupt the boot sector and failed to install and this is where it all started to unravel ....

To start with tried the "repair" option ... nah boot sector is too fcuked you need to re-install windows ... scrabbled around to find the windows recovery USB and successfully reinstalled windows (I think) ... now needs to re-boot ... boot up and the soddin thing locked me out "wrong password" ... watchamean wrong password?? Stupid Machine ... trying to get it to boot up in "Safe Mode" so I can turn off the log in requirement is nigh on impossible ... can't bring up a command prompt ... try to get it to do anything results in a 2.5hr wait while it thinks about it and then doesn't do what is expected! ... All boils down to Microsoft not beta testing and releasing updates direct to their customers so they can report any problems ... an operating system that thinks it's too clever for its own good ... Apple Mac must be laughing their heads off ... Microsoft has got to be their best advert!

@MG Maniac know your pain, been forced into Win10 at work, mine was not to painful have it at home so no how shite it is?
Everyone whinges that Google (Alexa) reports back everything that is being said ... but no one thinks about the fact that Microsoft is also monitoring everything as well (albeit hidden). At lest the phones / tablets at home are all Apple (far less hassle) and to be honest if I had £2k spare I'd have gone for a Mac Pro in the first place! Think I ought to bill Microsoft for lost time / productivity and cost of repair of said PC!

All boils down to Microsoft not beta testing and releasing updates direct to their customers so they can report any problems ...
Kinda... If you have the auto-update box ticked, then yes, it gives you the beta update. Otherwise, it only picks the safe update when you manually update.

However, if it's auto-updated now, you'll probably have the "October Update" which isn't released yet because they've managed to fuck it up completely, doing everything from deleting all of your files to... Well, what's happened to you.

Sent using Tapatalk

Back to things that p**s you off.

Supercilious f**king hotel staff. I'm currently staying in a Bracknell hotel to support Number 2 son who has just had knee surgery.

Got back from his pad, made sure he was comfortable, returned to hotel and had a beer and a steak sandwich at the bar. Went to room to find guy further down the corridor cursing that his electronic key doesn't work. He sets off for the front desk, comforted by my "Oh, my keys haven't caused any problem so far."

But of course, neither of them worked. I followed him. Snooty Eastern European guy at the front desk gives the other guest new keys.

I then say: "Mine don't work either."

The bastard says "It's because you have kept them too close to your mobile phone."

I tell him: "No, they were in my pocket and my phone was in my hand." I also point out it's a bit of a coincidence that the other guest had also had problems, and that in the days when hotels used proper keys this problem did not occur.

The f**kwit then replaces my keys and tells me he will show me that they work perfectly well. They do.

"You have to use them carefully," he oozes with fake Eastern European charm.

I'm not sure if he understands "Ar**holeski".

Back to things that p**s you off.

Supercilious f**king hotel staff. I'm currently staying in a Bracknell hotel to support Number 2 son who has just had knee surgery.

Got back from his pad, made sure he was comfortable, returned to hotel and had a beer and a steak sandwich at the bar. Went to room to find guy further down the corridor cursing that his electronic key doesn't work. He sets off for the front desk, comforted by my "Oh, my keys haven't caused any problem so far."

But of course, neither of them worked. I followed him. Snooty Eastern European guy at the front desk gives the other guest new keys.

I then say: "Mine don't work either."

The bastard says "It's because you have kept them too close to your mobile phone."

I tell him: "No, they were in my pocket and my phone was in my hand." I also point out it's a bit of a coincidence that the other guest had also had problems, and that in the days when hotels used proper keys this problem did not occur.

The f**kwit then replaces my keys and tells me he will show me that they work perfectly well. They do.

"You have to use them carefully," he oozes with fake Eastern European charm.

I'm not sure if he understands "Ar**holeski".
Probably ageism, thought he needs to give you more help :p