Things that p**s you off - post your rants

I always park in a Parent and Child bay when I take my mother shopping.
I @dapperdunn case, the child is appropriate :)

On holiday in Wales some years back, we went to a theme park , they had a family ticket 2 adults & 2 child, both children late teens, we asked for the family tickets, girl on entrance calls the manager, he looked at the family ticket sign, saw no age limits and let us in:)

We Welsh are very accommodating. A bunch of us went to a pub/restaurant in Cardiganshire one afternoon at about 4:45 pm and asked for food and drinks. The waitress said, "You'll have to wait till after 5 for the drinks, we're not open yet," (this was the 1980s) but she did let us have drinks while we were waiting.

Back in Talybont days, have rucksack and travel, from Collingwood, the landlady's knew how old we were so put us in a back room, with a fire to dry our clothes, I am sure we had a shandy or two.

Yep, again, agreed. But this chap didn't seem too restricted. Hence my comment about 'None visible' disabilities. Using a blue badge at the right time is ok. But depriving someone more needy is selfish - sorry, personal opinion which is why it is on this thread.
As l have said earlier, l have a prosthetic leg and a mobility car. However, we sometimes use the other half's car (she drives). We do get some odd looks sometimes when parking up in a disabled bay in an MGTF especially when the blue badge goes up. Agreed there is abuse of the blue badge but a greater abuse is that carried out by perfectly able bodied people parking in disabled bay simply because they know they will not be challenged by store staff etc. I do however tend to advise them of the errors of their ways but usually all l get is either a blank stare or a simple fcuk off!!!!

By the way, l did once see someone getting out of a Rolls Royce and using a blue badge - they had no legs.

Sodding chest infection, felt crap over Christmas and New year, thought I was on the mend, back to work last week, this weekend down like a sack of tatties temp 39degC breathing crap?

Sodding chest infection, felt crap over Christmas and New year, thought I was on the mend, back to work last week, this weekend down like a sack of tatties temp 39degC breathing crap?
All l can suggest is a plentiful supply of hot toddies - always does the trick for me

I quite agree. I have a 68 plate Skoda Superb and when l wear long trousers you would never know that the bottom half of my left leg is missing. If the person who owns the Mustang is not disabled he will have a passenger who is!!
REALLY - you don't obviously live in Weymouth!!! Where the blue badge system is abused often!!!
We all know what it is meant for but there are always those who abuse the system making it annoying for those who genuinely use the blue card!!!

As stated - this thread is for rants. It's not meant to offend any one - just to vent angst!!!!!

If I want to, I will park in a parent and child bay without fail. *

It is/was their choice to reproduce, so why the fugg should they get special parking privileges? So far as I know, nobody chooses to be disabled.

* Yes, I am aware that some of the car park Nazis in the UK now penalise you for doing this.

If I want to, I will park in a parent and child bay without fail. *

It is/was their choice to reproduce, so why the fugg should they get special parking privileges? So far as I know, nobody chooses to be disabled.

* Yes, I am aware that some of the car park Nazis in the UK now penalise you for doing this.
What happens when the kids leave home and they loose their privalage parking, how will they cope with a small parking space?

Waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

I'm busy waiting to find out how long I'll have to wait til I head to Raleigh. Not fun.
Par for the course in the queue for the blue suit.

Idea #1 - Make full use of your time to prepare yourself in every respect for RALEIGH or your time there will also be 'Not fun'.

Idea #2 - Then try scanning a few of the past threads for tips on 'waiting' here:

https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/search/43942/?q=waiting&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

We have to use a 3rd party travel company here at work!!!

I'm off to the Netherlands for the next 5 weeks (Tues to Thurs), hotels are booked, Dutch ID card sorted, car sorted, taxi to and from home/airport sorted.... however I'm still waiting for them to book the flights, I'm off on Friday and Monday and supposed to be going out on Tuesday.