Things that p**s you off - post your rants

I knew I should have not done my taskbook and dipped back :cool:.
Would have done the rest of the deployment then.
From what I gathered, you got the best half.
I lost count of the number of times I heard, "Of course, you missed the best runashore/banyan/missile firing/etc.*"

*delete as appropriate.

It got too much when one TAS ape said "Of course, you missed the best RAS..." :rolleyes:

From what I gathered, you got the best half.
I lost count of the number of times I heard, "Of course, you missed the best runashore/banyan/missile firing/etc.*"

*delete as appropriate.

It got too much when one TAS ape said "Of course, you missed the best RAS..." :rolleyes:
I think I remember that RAS, we had just left Latakia in Syria.......
And the missile firing! Ikara day before getting alongside in Perth, clear lower deck to clean and paint!

Got up yesterday lunchtime, (I work nights), missus tells me to ring doctors surgery, they need to speak to me urgently. Ring them up, what's the urgent problem? Receptionist says, "When we spoke the other day, did you say you didn't want a flu jab?" How feckin' urgent was that?

Asda car park. 'Disabled' parking.
Why does some prat in a 66 plate Ford Mustang have a disabled parking badge?
Must be the taxes on our service pension which pays for his 'motorbility'.

Grrrr!

Grrrr!
If there's a blue badge, he's/she's either entitled or the card is being abused. Regardless of the choice of motor.

If there's a blue badge, he's/she's either entitled or the card is being abused. Regardless of the choice of motor.
Don't totally disagree. There is a well known issue with fraudulent use of blue badges at the moment. My gripe is with the use of a blue badge on a very powerful, low entry, limited seat car instead of a more 'Disabled friendly' machine.
My dad had a motorbility Astra. And he had issues getting in and out of that.
We know that all disabilities are not visible but, please don't take the piss. (Not you Wightsparker! The driver of the Mustang!)

Don't totally disagree. There is a well known issue with fraudulent use of blue badges at the moment. My gripe is with the use of a blue badge on a very powerful, low entry, limited seat car instead of a more 'Disabled friendly' machine.
My dad had a motorbility Astra. And he had issues getting in and out of that.
We know that all disabilities are not visible but, please don't take the piss. (Not you Wightsparker! The driver of the Mustang!)
I well understand the point. But it's possible that the Blue Badge holder is capable of getting in and out of a car like a Mustang but can't manage to walk far and has convinced the authorities that he/she is deserving of a badge.

Having said that, as you say, there are numerous occasions where people do abuse the system or park in disabled spaces without a badge.

But it's possible that the Blue Badge holder is capable of getting in and out of a car like a Mustang but can't manage to walk far and has convinced the authorities that
Yep, again, agreed. But this chap didn't seem too restricted. Hence my comment about 'None visible' disabilities. Using a blue badge at the right time is ok. But depriving someone more needy is selfish - sorry, personal opinion which is why it is on this thread.

Grrrr!
I quite agree. I have a 68 plate Skoda Superb and when l wear long trousers you would never know that the bottom half of my left leg is missing. If the person who owns the Mustang is not disabled he will have a passenger who is!!

If the person who owns the Mustang is not disabled he will have a passenger who is!!
She didn't seem to be very 'restricted' either to be honest. But I wasn't going to write chapter and verse about the full details of what I saw on a thread which is just about posting rants.

I'm sorry if any members who do have genuine disabilities may have taken offence - my gripe was not aimed at all blue badge holders. I just found it a bit incongruous that the closest disabled space to the supermarket door was taken up by a very powerful car like a Mustang - blue badge or no blue badge.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
There are so many fiddles going on with blue badges, a lot are stolen and there is no central data base to keep track of them, favourite ploy is to say that the disabled person has been dropped off and they are waiting for them, truth of the matter is that quite often the disabled person is sat home by the fire. Its often too time consuming to follow things through to gain enough evidence to go to court or get the badge removed for misuse.

Lazy arrese parents, who In some shopping car parks get bigger bays, but some seem to think that being a parent is a new disability" & Park In Blue badge spaces. One said I won't be long just popping in, I said I will be sometime as I parked behind them and put my blue badge up, one not happy parent. The problem in shops it is private land and up to the shopping centre to manage, the only one I have seen do it is Asda.

Lazy arrese parents, who In some shopping car parks get bigger bays, but some seem to think that being a parent is a new disability" & Park In Blue badge spaces. One said I won't be long just popping in, I said I will be sometime as I parked behind them and put my blue badge up, one not happy parent. The problem in shops it is private land and up to the shopping centre to manage, the only one I have seen do it is Asda.
Or 'parents' who don't have their kids with them but the car seat is still fitted and on view.