Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Another one that annoys me is when you 'land' with Ryanair, people scream and shout all sorts of embarrassing rude words. Don't the ungrateful morons realise that they got three or four landings (depending on the amount of bounces) for the price of one landing? And cheaper than BA and the others who only touch down once.

Another one that annoys me is when you 'land' with Ryanair, people scream and shout all sorts of embarrassing rude words. Don't the ungrateful morons realise that they got three or four landings (depending on the amount of bounces) for the price of one landing? And cheaper than BA and the others who only touch down once.
Danair were always good for a few landing bumps , on one flight they hit the strip with a huge bump and they could not open the rear exit door and we all had to exit from front.:)

Danair were always good for a few landing bumps , on one flight they hit the strip with a huge bump and they could not open the rear exit door and we all had to exit from front.:)
Danair,now there was an airline. Landing in Gib once it turned out my seat wasn't bolted down properly and I ended up in the aisle,still strapped in!!

Are you sure, that once your seat was known, it was a deliberate act, to get a biteo_O
Possibly, the same flight, when we hit the tarmac, a window in the cockpit fell out. The fifth watch flying home had the same aircraft, we took great delight telling them what had happened, there was a few worried faces as they left the hotel for the airport

Any landing you walk away from is a good one.

What's yer problem?????:p
Had a few in the BAE 8 seat to barrow that were a bit hairy, a few victims (passengers) vowing never again, drive or train, sodding wimps, best hours kip I used to get. One time circled straight back to Filton, apparently one of the pilots didn't fancy his chances at 18k' when his window cracked at take off, that woke me up as I felt the plane turn the wrong way.

Flew back from Oz in a RAF VC10 in 70's.
Fuelling stops at Perth, Sri Lanka and Bahrain.
Was supposed to stop at Marseilles as well.

However, when we left Bahrain, crab pilot announces that he 'thinks he has got enough fuel to make it all the way to Brize'.
Plane was full of matelots - half of them worried, half still pi$$ed from Bahrain airport and couldn't give a rats!

But we still kept the number of take offs and landing equal - always a good sign.
(My missus is a bad flyer and she doesn't appreciate that comment :D)

Had a few in the BAE 8 seat to barrow that were a bit hairy, a few victims (passengers) vowing never again, drive or train, sodding wimps, best hours kip I used to get. One time circled straight back to Filton, apparently one of the pilots didn't fancy his chances at 18k' when his window cracked at take off, that woke me up as I felt the plane turn the wrong way.
Sppoky....... we may have been on that plane at the same time!!

It came as a culture shock when they stopped it and we had to start using Go!, as was!

Danair,now there was an airline. Landing in Gib once it turned out my seat wasn't bolted down properly and I ended up in the aisle,still strapped in!!
Danair, shit that was a while ago. I flew in them to Malta for HMS St. Angelo in '71. Shonky bastards! I remember 'cos I got seated next to a Bootie Corporal who had serious 'mental' issues and let me know all the way there. I spotted him down the 'Gut' the following night, in the gutter.

Danair to Gib was always good for a giggle ... remember one time, approached across the med and the pilot throttled back ... not sure if it was her first landing in Gib as she forgot about the wind sheer down the North face ... plane slammed onto the runway (bounced several times). I was seated opposite the trolley-dolly who looked decidedly worried and broke into a cold sweat ... when we finally came to a stop she came up with "Thank FCUK we've landed!"

Flew BA to Cyprus some years ago and landed in Paphos airport during the worst thunderstorm of the season.
Me and the missus were sat right at the back of the plane which landed with one hell of a bump and slewed a bit. Feckin' hell it was like being in a disaster movie! Women screaming, trainee flight attendant all white faced, wife holding my hand so tight her nails drew blood. All I could think of to say was, acting all nonch like was, "I've had harder landings on a motocross bike." If looks could kill the one my missus gave me should have dropped me stone dead. As we disembarked the pilot was wishing everyone a nice holiday and hoping to see us on the return journey, sorry for the rough landing etc. Poor bastard, the looks he was getting, as if the weather was his fault.

Danair to Gib was always good for a giggle ... remember one time, approached across the med and the pilot throttled back ... not sure if it was her first landing in Gib as she forgot about the wind sheer down the North face ... plane slammed onto the runway (bounced several times). I was seated opposite the trolley-dolly who looked decidedly worried and broke into a cold sweat ... when we finally came to a stop she came up with "Thank FCUK we've landed!"
Are you SURE you "landed"?

HQ-2-Launch-1S.jpg

I've ran through a couple of airfield fire crews shouting "all yours"!!!!

Most traumatic was a main gearbox dumping oil at 5000 feet. With minutes to destruction counting down. Pilot did well. Spiralled down to Dundee airport calmly sending our 'Mayday' call to all and sundry. When we hit the deck there were three airfield appliances around us and a few local engines backing them up!!!

I left that cab like a blue streak missile!!!!!

guns1969

Lantern Swinger
I've ran through a couple of airfield fire crews shouting "all yours"!!!!

Most traumatic was a main gearbox dumping oil at 5000 feet. With minutes to destruction counting down. Pilot did well. Spiralled down to Dundee airport calmly sending our 'Mayday' call to all and sundry. When we hit the deck there were three airfield appliances around us and a few local engines backing them up!!!

I left that cab like a blue streak missile!!!!!
Did you have a brown streak in your under-carriage ?

Did you have a brown streak in your under-carriage ?
It was touch and go. (I'm not talking landings either). I had to climb out the door at 5000 feet and confirm we had oil pouring from the transmission deck. That was pants pooping stuff!!!! No offing parachute either!!!! I did have a life raft though - useful at 5k feet!!! (NOT).

On a regular basis the dear old NHS and in particular the GP service whinge about the number of people who can't be arsed to turn up for booked appointments. Fair comment as a great deal of time and resources are wasted. It is ,however, not all one way traffic. An old friend of mine was contacted by his GP surgery to tell him that as he was about to reach his 70th birthday(today 5th January) he was entitled to a free Shingles vaccination and he could make an appointment to have it done. He duly did so booking for yesterday(the 4th January) as this fitted in with whatever else he had planned. He rocked up as appointed only to be informed that it couldn't be done because he was not old enough. They did offer to do it today 24 hours later.:rolleyes:

On a regular basis the dear old NHS and in particular the GP service whinge about the number of people who can't be arsed to turn up for booked appointments. Fair comment as a great deal of time and resources are wasted. It is ,however, not all one way traffic. An old friend of mine was contacted by his GP surgery to tell him that as he was about to reach his 70th birthday(today 5th January) he was entitled to a free Shingles vaccination and he could make an appointment to have it done. He duly did so booking for yesterday(the 4th January) as this fitted in with whatever else he had planned. He rocked up as appointed only to be informed that it couldn't be done because he was not old enough. They did offer to do it today 24 hours later.:rolleyes:
Agree that this was pretty irritating, but you could tell your friend that it could have been worse. It is said that doctors usually bury their mistakes.......