Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Bloody B&Q geriatric discount cards no long getting 10% off on Wednesdays :mad: Tight bastards.
Agree. They have certainly moved the goalposts, but I think they still give the discount on some items - eg, from the gardening section. But disappointing, whatever. The only plus point is that you won't have to fight through so many other old farts on Wednesdays in the shop and parking area......................

Huw feckin Edwards on news at ten. Why does he insist on telling us reporters names 3 times. E.G. "now we go live to our reporter John Sopel in Washington. (Mr Sopel gives his speil and handsback to Edwards. Dedwards says "thank you John, that was John Sopel our North America reporter there" l know who it was as you already said it. I AM capable of remembering people's names ffs!!!

Huw feckin Edwards on news at ten. Why does he insist on telling us reporters names 3 times. E.G. "now we go live to our reporter John Sopel in Washington. (Mr Sopel gives his speil and handsback to Edwards. Dedwards says "thank you John, that was John Sopel our North America reporter there" l know who it was as you already said it. I AM capable of remembering people's names ffs!!!
May be he gets paid the more his name is said, Edwards is on a back hander:rolleyes:

First item of news at 1800 on beeb1 yesterday...........a fcuking cake. :mad:

Some of the to**ers on the Apprentice. Last week they were measuring an octopus in Malta when it was pretty obvious that they had got the wrong object. The blokes team that triumphed in the boardroom were convinced that they were the dogs knackers! It cheeses me off that some of these numpties are going to earn lots of dosh and some might even have government related jobs. Apart from that, they are wonderful!

Some of the to**ers on the Apprentice. Last week they were measuring an octopus in Malta when it was pretty obvious that they had got the wrong object. The blokes team that triumphed in the boardroom were convinced that they were the dogs knackers! It cheeses me off that some of these numpties are going to earn lots of dosh and some might even have government related jobs. Apart from that, they are wonderful!
brown nosing & fence sitting all in one post, way to go
:rolleyes:

I'm not, who was it again?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Insurance companies, two weeks ago a woman knocked my Grandson off his motor bike, various things were happening but the bike was still sat in my garage awaiting collection for repairs. In the meantime a hire bike has been delivered (from London, we live near Dorchester in Dorset). Grandson rings the insurers a couple of days ago and asks when the bike will be collected, reply, that's slipped through the net, I'll get someone onto it. Today, Sunday, a big drop back flat bed recovery truck arrives, loads the bike and heads back to New Milton. (70 mile round trip), tomorrow it will have to be delivered to the garage in Yeovil (about the same mileage). The distance from my place to the Garage is about a 48 mile round trip. I can't work out why insurance premiums are so high.

Old (and I mean very old) drivers.

I was driving down to to Plymouth today from oop North and I stopped at Sedgemoor services for a break.

On returning to the M5 I was stuck behind a group of cars. Normally this irritates me 'cos I like to get a good clear run to build up speed to rejoin the motorway in a safe manner.
This time I could see something wasn't quite right with the leading car so I hung back a little bit...

I was correct.

Despite having one of the best and longest slip roads leading onto the motorway, this particular twat decided to proceed at about 30mph and then immediately joined the M5 without using the sliproad at all, causing absolute mayhem behind him. A lorry had to brake suddenly, causing another lorry behind to do the same.
A van swerved into the middle lane to avoid the braking lorries, causing various cars behind to brake suddenly, some changing lanes and causing further problems further back.

It was only down to to the skill of the two lorry drivers and a bit of luck that a serious incident was avoided.

When I eventually passed the culprit (he was now doing about 40 mph) I saw an old chap who looked about 90 crouched over his steering wheel, clearly oblivious to what had just happened.

I'm absolutely sure this knobend will cause an accident soon.
The problem is, it won't be him that gets hurt, it will be some poor innocent bugger and he'll just drive away, unaware of the carnage he's just caused.

And he's not the only one out there... :mad:

Old (and I mean very old) drivers.

I was driving down to to Plymouth today from oop North and I stopped at Sedgemoor services for a break.

On returning to the M5 I was stuck behind a group of cars. Normally this irritates me 'cos I like to get a good clear run to build up speed to rejoin the motorway in a safe manner.
This time I could see something wasn't quite right with the leading car so I hung back a little bit...

I was correct.

Despite having one of the best and longest slip roads leading onto the motorway, this particular twat decided to proceed at about 30mph and then immediately joined the M5 without using the sliproad at all, causing absolute mayhem behind him. A lorry had to brake suddenly, causing another lorry behind to do the same.
A van swerved into the middle lane to avoid the braking lorries, causing various cars behind to brake suddenly, some changing lanes and causing further problems further back.

It was only down to to the skill of the two lorry drivers and a bit of luck that a serious incident was avoided.

When I eventually passed the culprit (he was now doing about 40 mph) I saw an old chap who looked about 90 crouched over his steering wheel, clearly oblivious to what had just happened.

I'm absolutely sure this knobend will cause an accident soon.
The problem is, it won't be him that gets hurt, it will be some poor innocent bugger and he'll just drive away, unaware of the carnage he's just caused.

And he's not the only one out there... :mad:
Note the old boys car make model etc, reg'd number, breif description of driver and your observations to the". old bill". At the very least they can check him out re eye sight, cognitive ability etc.. Not a perfect solution I know...but it's a start.

Note the old boys car make model etc, reg'd number, breif description of driver and your observations to the". old bill". At the very least they can check him out re eye sight, cognitive ability etc.. Not a perfect solution I know...but it's a start.
One of those occasions when I wish I'd had a dash-cam.
Alas, I didn't, I'd been on the road for hours in shitty conditions, I was tired and just wanted to get home.
Maybe the lorry driver clocked him - I certainly hope so.

Sticking with the driving theme:
When you have been following a driver at speeds between 25 & 35 on a normal A road with a national speed limit of 60 and finally they are indicating to turn right off of the road that you are on and you anticipate being able to get a shifty on when they only go and stop and allow another car to turn out of the road and ahead of you and then they also pottle along at 25 - 35 (aaarrrrrgggghhhh), fuckin W*****s

Idiot drivers on Dartmoor.
This weekend I had cause to go up to Princetown. There were quite a lot of sheep on the verge for much of the way from Plymouth. I had passengers in the car so adopted a policy of increased caution (I always drive with care on the moor anyway) and drove so as to ensure that I was clear of any roadside sheep whilst varying my speed from 25 - 40 whenever I deemed it necessary. On one occasion having just passed a few sheep and I increased my speed, the duty wide-boy decides to get the revs on from three cars back and leaves me in a cloud of exhaust as he rocketed past at somewhere around 50-60 swerving around the non-plussed sheep. It's all very well showing off to your trophy passenger how fast you can go past bored sheep and bored drivers but it ceases to be funny if you hit one of the aforementioned sheep and cause a pile up of other vehicles trying to avoid the ensuing mutton carnage.
Bellend. Him, not me. Grrr.

Last edited: