Things that p**s you off - post your rants

You actually get two when at sea so use one as a mattress cover and the other on the duvet, when you get back 3+ months later, hand them in and get new ones :)
Used to use the towelling role for my mattress cover, all we had were the green sometimes blue sleeping bags (caterpillar covers to trap visitors in:D)

Used to use the towelling role for my mattress cover, all we had were the green sometimes blue sleeping bags (caterpillar covers to trap visitors in:D)
Green sleeping bags were absolute shite, including the pillow that was thinner than an After Eight mint, blue ones weren't much better but at least they were a bit thicker. The duvets were a lot better.

You actually get two when at sea so use one as a mattress cover and the other on the duvet, when you get back 3+ months later, hand them in and get new ones :)
When did that start? We only ever got one to last between maintenance periods however big the time time gap. I did add a length of towelling for sweat control.

From day 1 as far as I can remember, I never used terry towelling as found it too uncomfortable.
Found my Terry towelling in the cupboard. I cut it to length then took it home to have it boil washed, misses even machine sewed the ends to stop it fraying, washing it made it usable. I wondered what the hell, was a 8" narrow towel doing in the cupboard?

Hacked off having to buy crates and crates of bottled water. My foreigners will not imbibe from the cold tap. Now - at night, I'm topping up bottles from the tap and calling it Evian. What do they think I am? Made of money?
Many years ago, I used to deliver CO2 to a bottled water company, guess where the water came from, - yep, out of the fecking tap.

Hacked off having to buy crates and crates of bottled water. My foreigners will not imbibe from the cold tap. Now - at night, I'm topping up bottles from the tap and calling it Evian. What do they think I am? Made of money?
@BillyNoMates try explaining pensioner? but not while you are researching you favourite site.
My mate on holiday in Turkey was told to drink only bottled water of risk Deli Belly, he went out the back of a restaurant and saw the staff filling up Evian bottles from a hose pipe, he was not to impressed?

When I was a kid, our town's tap water was drawn from a local spring. After a few years, it all changed and the town got its water from a reservoir. After a few more years, someone bought the spring and started to bottle the water and sell it at the usual vastly inflated price. You can find it in some posh restaurants in London at a huge markup, or you can find it in the food fridge at Boots!

Have visited India and China recently - no delly belly and we ate from the local food stalls - myth that it is the food - what our guide said was 'drink bottled water with a sealed cap' and 'wash your hands every time you handle money, especially low denomination notes - THAT is where the stomach problems come from the money is absolutely filthy'

Have visited India and China recently - no delly belly and we ate from the local food stalls - myth that it is the food - what our guide said was 'drink bottled water with a sealed cap' and 'wash your hands every time you handle money, especially low denomination notes - THAT is where the stomach problems come from the money is absolutely filthy'
Sealed caps are easy to replicate. Fill the bottle from a hosepipe, a couple of dabs of superglue at the cap and hey presto, bottled water with a sealed cap. I would not take a chance on water from a street vendor in New York, I always used the local metro shops instead.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ninja_Stoker Diamond Lil's 1
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0