Things that p**s you off - post your rants

Now we know who to blame

The south-west of England, Wales and Northern Ireland are braced for snow as Storm Emma arrives from France
On the phone to No 1 son in Western Australia and mentioned The Beast from the East and Storm Emma. His verdict? Storm Emma will provide a better class of snow.

Went into work last night, snowing like hell, a good 6 inches of it on the yard.
All the other drivers sat in the canteen awaiting the decision to take the lorries out.
The woman who takes all the feed orders comes in and asks, 'Aren't you taking the lorries out?' We tell her conditions are pretty treacherous and we are awaiting the decision by the management. I ask her 'Why are you still here at 6pm?' Her reply?
'I'm waiting for a taxi, it's too dangerous to drive in these conditions!' Cow.

Sent home at 14:30 yesterday, we have a number to call with a recorded message saying site closed due to bad weather, I'll have to sort out my desk move on Monday, they said take laptop home, so I did, mine is not set up for remote access use?

Last edited:
Damn, I have dipped out from buckshee time off due to snow, stuck here on holiday, record high temps for the time of year, although it is forecast to cool to the mid to high 70s over the next few days

We appear to have the arrse end of Storm Emma here. In the last 24 hours we have had over a foot of rain. I know this because all the glass holders for our candles that are a foot deep are full to overflowing!

We appear to have the arrse end of Storm Emma here. In the last 24 hours we have had over a foot of rain. I know this because all the glass holders for our candles that are a foot deep are full to overflowing!
The Spanish have been moaning for ages about the lack of rain and now when it finally arrives it's too fecking much. Coming from the Burgh you must be feeling really at home.

The Spanish have been moaning for ages about the lack of rain and now when it finally arrives it's too fecking much. Coming from the Burgh you must be feeling really at home.
It is the wrong sort of rain! You are right, the situation regarding water is dire, but this is monsoon strength rain and is just running off the land into the sea. There is a large reservoir just south of Granada and the level is some 50m down on full! We need (so they say) months of steady light rain - a bit like Fazzers. I'm a couple of km down a dirt track, which now has a huge groove cut in it from all the water pouring down.

I left the Burg to get away from rain! We can have 250 consecutive days with no rain, then I get grumpy(ier) if there is a shower!

People fighting over food in supermarkets o_O:(
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/people-fighting-over-food-abusing-1294378

As one person said:
"This was one or two days of moderate snow," he said.
"By the extension of logic I witnessed today these people would be trying to eat the neighbours' kids after a week of snow."

View attachment 30283
That's OK baldy the navy will take you if you can make the grade, unless you want to be a submarine chef, then your in.

@Sumo
Post #7033 above.
You've quoted my post about food fights in a supermarket when you're obviously referring to something else.

Is that your finger trouble or is the site playing techno-tricks on us? :D