Things that make you facepalm!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Feb 11, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the office today and the young graduate (let's call him Jack, cos that's his name) is watching Bo Selecta on YouTube.

He is sat there quiet merrily chuckling to himself when he announces, "Oh I get it now, he calls the bird on his arm Kes because it's short for Kestrel and it is one!".

The whole office just looked at him and shook their heads. :)

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  2. Some of my friends thought that the photo of the submarine helping out with the floods was real....

Isn't Kes the bird from that book? (Animal bird not woman)
  3. Yes :)

4. The book.............Kes? :)
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Who can forget this classic clip

They don't make PE teachers like that anymore - now they all have degrees and are professionals.
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Brian Glover, sadly missed and an underrated acting legend.
  8. I thought that the book was A Kestrel for a Knave?I remember that it was written by a former footballer, which explains why the football scene is just so brilliant. The book definitely ran out of steam at the end though.

Glover was the best bit of the film and I remember seeing him play the Cowardly Lion in Wizard of Oz at the Chichester Festival Theatre. Glover made the film, the rest of it was just a bit... meh.
  9. I was in a pub up north and he told me to stay on the paths. The yank in the pub didn't, don't know what happened to him?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014