Things are moving - at last, lol!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by cadetsmum, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After what seems like forever (!) Junior finally sat his RTs and passed sufficiently for what he wants to do (thank gawd for that!)

Anyway he's already been given a date for his medical so now the next batch of questions for you lovely peeps.

a) does he get told the results of his medical on the day and as he wants to go into the FAA will the medical be the enhanced version or does that come nearer the potential entry date?

b) what is the usual time scale between the medical and the physical - and then the physical and the FATS?

c) we've had a look on the internet and there seems to be a variety of aids to help prepare for the FATS - is there one that comes recommended from people that have sat the FATS?

Thanks for all the advice so far - it really has been appreciated.
  2. I got the result of my medical there and then. You won't find out if there is something that needs to be investigated further. The PJFT has to be taken within 28 days of passing the medical. What is this FAT's you speak of?
  3. Flying Appitude Tests - they're taken at RAF Cranwell as part of the selection process.

Thanks for the info about the physical.
  4. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't take this wrong or insulting. At some stage your son/daughther will have to let go of your skirt.
  5. Wits - cut the umblical cord a long time ago ..........I give Junior advice and whether or not is acted upon is not for me to decide
  6. witsend

Are you sure that cord is'nt still attached. I fully understand you taking a interest in your childs future, but I'm starting to see a bit of possession.
  7. Dunno, I think it's good to see someone taking an interest. My auld dear is the same and I'm 24. She's just curious as to what's going on and how things are going. I didn't tell my folks till I'd passed the interview but if they'd known beforehand then I don't doubt for a second that they would have enquired as to the stages I was going through.

Keep up the good work cadets_mam and mine's a coffee, black with 3 sugars ;)
  8. witsend

Hey, I'm not knocking Cadets hot mum, but there comes a point.
  9. Fair enough. I personally don't think there does become a point a mother stops taking an interest in their child like.

Cadetshotmomma you say? Have you seen something I haven't? ;)
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

My mum lost interest in me when i told her i joined the Army to shoot people in the face.
  11. Nope not possessive at all - have always said I only had two requirements for any career that Junior decided on - a) that Junior enjoyed doing it and b) it was legal.

Not getting into slanging match - I / we were just after some sort of time scale given its taken 18 months from the initial enquiry to get to this stage.
  12. witsend

Wrong, I use to be the apple of her eye, but baby wits has stole my thunder. Now I'm just the bawbag who gave her sa**y T*** and stretch marks. I still love her!!!!!!!!
  13. 8O Woah, that's a long time. I was over and done with in two and a half months. How old is junior anyway?
  14. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I love mums, the only think that can black cat a good milf is a cracking gilf.
  15. witsend

I have respect for a parent taking an interest into there kids future for it to become a slanging match. Sorry if I have come across abrupt.
  16. Blackrat

I'd print this out if i were you cadetsmum. Wits NEVER says sorry.
  17. witsend

Only to the fairer sex when mini wits has underperformed and also honest hard working mums who want the best for dribbles.
  18. Blackrat

That's more like it.
  19. You have been very unlucky with the timescale so far, luckily the next bit is to an extent within your control. As you say you have a date for the medical, after that you should ask for a PJFT form as quickly as possible. Some AFCOs will insist on posting it to you but some don't mind if you come in and get it to speed things up. Your PJFT will take place at a gym nearby (often a Fitness First) and again the trick is to go in with the form, stress the urgency and hope they will do it soon. Once that is done the results are with the AFCO within 48 hours for processing. As you can see this bit is potentially very quick but that is down to you/junior to ensure.

Good news is that the waiting list time starts running after an RT pass I believe.
  20. Thanks guys - apology accepted Wits btw.

We've had some brillant advice from this forum especially as (as already been said) Junior has had the run around but hopefully now getting somewhere,lol!

Junior is only doing AS levels at the mo so potentially has an interesting time in juggling revision for those as well as his FATs ........can't get in without the grades but won't get in without passing the FATs!