Thief steals £20,000 speed camera

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Apr 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excellent!All he needs to do now is nick the others ripping drivers off!
  2. He can hide it in my shed anytime. The little hero.
  3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

presumably the police are hoping for a flash of inspiration to help solve the case
  4. They have asked for help from the public. if this had been a murder case or rape case or any other they would have been inundated with help. But a speed camera, no way
  5. silverfox

so they'll just have to see if anything develops....
  6. Insp Collis is being really hopeful that someone will help them locate their cash machine. I suggest he doesn't hold his breath.
  7. silverfox

totally focussed on its recovery...
  8. he is now doing drive by weddings
  9. One could make a good living out of that.
  10. Well done that man , hip hip & all that , :roll:
  11. I hear Speed Camera burn rather well… 8)
  12. silverfox

Only difficulty is getting the group to stand still as he drives towards them at 60mph to get the camera to trigger....
  13. Three injuries a year and they stick a speed camera up :cry:
  14. Injuries caused by drivers braking sharply to avoid being caught by the camera :(
  15. If 'speed kills'… why are motorways the safest roads to drive on?
  16. silverfox

Going fast doesn't kill anyone. Its the coming to an abrupt stop that does it..
  17. it was me guv'nor fair cop!! I nicked said article in order to take phots of rosie going to and from her knicker drawer from my shed based OP. I must say fellas, it works a treat!!

18. Serious or Minor injuries??

I thought speed cameras were meant to be put up where serious or fatal accidents had occured but that looked like a straight road so wold speeding be a contributing factor and would speed bumps not be a better use of money ?

Also I saw no safety fences to stop kids/adults/idiots/people with prams/invalid carriages just heading straight into the road thus causing motor vehicles to brake sharply/swerve and thus cause an accident.
  19. If this guy is really interested, we have a few mil in London, and these are more portable too..