Thick Yanks

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by 2_deck_dash, Aug 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone watch CNN news?

Post other examples of American stupidity here.
  2. From the World Cup:

3. stupid-american.jpg
  4. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Tripoli is in the Lebanon ! Just a tiny error, poor girl.
  5. They voted this chump in twice..
    bush2.jpg ....
    nuff said.
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Nothing wrong with the map. Tripoli is in the Lebanon. The
    , who may be reporting on Libya from the safety of Lebanon has nothing to do with the studio's choice of backdrop.

But more likely down to the geographically challenged trait that too many Americans demonstrate
  7. Typical Yanks.
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  8. You editied that to quick then, but to respond to your original response to Seadog, yes Tripoli can be found in the Northen part of Lebanon......Also, I doubt he'll need to retake his geography gcse as you sugested :-D
  9. Seadog

Birmingham is in Alabama. Washington is in England. Perth is in Australia. Tripoli is in the Lebanon, just probably not the Tripoli making the news.
  10. Paris Texas, Portsmouth New Hampshire, the list goes on really, but I take your point.
  11. Seadog

Good thing I captured his original post in my quoting him. Perhaps Brigham can take the exam place that I don't need.:winkrazz:
  12. No thanks mate, I have a Grade B in that subject, but thanks for the offer.
  13. Is there another Reading anywhere? If there is I bet it's still shit.
  14. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

There are three in the United States....Mich, Pa, and Ohio.
  15. I moved to Reading after leaving the mob to work. It's only saving grace was the Thames and the rowing club there.
  16. Walking Eagle
    President Bush was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation in Arizona. He spoke for almost an hour on his future plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living. He referred to his career as Governor of Texas, how he had signed "YES" 1,237 times for every Indian issue that came to his desk for approval. Although the President was vague on the details of his plan, he seemed most enthusiastic about his future ideas for helping his "red brothers."

At the conclusion of his speech, the Tribes presented the President with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name -- Walking Eagle. The proud President then departed in his motorcade, waving to the crowds.

A news reporter later inquired to the group of chiefs of how they had come to select the new name given to the President. They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of s**t it can no longer fly.
  17. Sort of reminds me of a young Stoker who was part of my watch in HQ1 in "Vince" back in 82. He was deadly serious when he asked why the Argies wanted to invade Scotland......................
  18. He was hardly alone. I saw a bootneck being interviewed on the telly just before they left and he said exactly the same thing. Don't forget pre '82 hardly anyone knew or cared about the Falkland Islands.
  19. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer