Thick Yanks

Seadog

War Hero
Tripoli is in the Lebanon ! Just a tiny error, poor girl.
Nothing wrong with the map. Tripoli is in the Lebanon. The
poor girl
, who may be reporting on Libya from the safety of Lebanon has nothing to do with the studio's choice of backdrop.

But more likely down to the geographically challenged trait that too many Americans demonstrate

Seadog

War Hero
You editied that to quick then, but to respond to your original response to Seadog, yes Tripoli can be found in the Northen part of Lebanon......Also, I doubt he'll need to retake his geography gcse as you sugested :-D
Good thing I captured his original post in my quoting him. Perhaps Brigham can take the exam place that I don't need.:winkrazz:

Walking Eagle
President Bush was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation in Arizona. He spoke for almost an hour on his future plans for increasing every Native American's present standard of living. He referred to his career as Governor of Texas, how he had signed "YES" 1,237 times for every Indian issue that came to his desk for approval. Although the President was vague on the details of his plan, he seemed most enthusiastic about his future ideas for helping his "red brothers."

At the conclusion of his speech, the Tribes presented the President with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name -- Walking Eagle. The proud President then departed in his motorcade, waving to the crowds.

A news reporter later inquired to the group of chiefs of how they had come to select the new name given to the President. They explained that Walking Eagle is the name given to a bird so full of s**t it can no longer fly.

Sort of reminds me of a young Stoker who was part of my watch in HQ1 in "Vince" back in 82. He was deadly serious when he asked why the Argies wanted to invade Scotland......................

Sort of reminds me of a young Stoker who was part of my watch in HQ1 in "Vince" back in 82. He was deadly serious when he asked why the Argies wanted to invade Scotland......................
He was hardly alone. I saw a bootneck being interviewed on the telly just before they left and he said exactly the same thing. Don't forget pre '82 hardly anyone knew or cared about the Falkland Islands.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Levers_Aligned Current Affairs 22
Not_a_boffin The Fleet 80
HarryBosch Current Affairs 26