Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They wonder why we call them Pongos.....

wal

Lantern Swinger
"Where the army goes the pong goes"

I'm not prejudiced, some of my best friends were in the army.

wal

Lantern Swinger
You know the routine, Rummers. Anything on four and most on two and a pulse is a bonus.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
You missed an opportunity wal, but I've fixed it for you . . .

"Where the army goes the pong goes"

I'm not prejudiced, some of my best friends know people who were in the army.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I caught scabies from a slapper in Faslane once, yet another fine night out in the Imps !!

Sharkey

Banned
Did I ever tell you about my last night in the Imps, battered a room full of jocks with one hand behind my back, think I told Witts and Finks

U

uncle_ho

Judging by the comments on the Mail page, Scabies is nothing new to the armed forces;

. I caught scabies whilst in the Royal Marines based at the RM Barracks in Eastney Portsmouth in 1954. It was like an itchy living hell and was brought about from a set of blankets issued to me by a lazy bedding store clerk.

Read more: Queen's Guards invaded... by a scabies outbreak: Military exercises in Germany blamed as dozens are hit by skin disease | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Seadog

War Hero
From the OP's link:

A Ministry of Defence investigation is focusing on the guardsmen’s movements in the weeks leading up to the outbreak.

Who have thought that there would be weeks worth of movements hanging about waiting to be investigated?
Dirty bastards.

Stupid paddle bashers!

rumdownmythroat, your efforts in Lil's (not my usual stomping ground) are no better than those in more serious threads. You are ceasing to entertain and thereby ceasing to save your user name from cyber oblivion.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Speech: Amanda Spielman at the 'Wonder Years' curriculum conference MoD News 0
Waspie US wonder why they have shootings!!! Diamond Lil's 6
BillyNoMates Before Wonder Woman there was.... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
exJenny Wonder if they'll inter, cremate or... Diamond Lil's 5
BillyNoMates Champion the Wonder Lasagne! Champion the wonder Lasagne! Diamond Lil's 23
scouse Wonder which Sir has sponsored this race at Devon and Exeter today Diamond Lil's 1
D Wonder if this will catch on in the RN? Diamond Lil's 13
J I wonder if she likes it doggy style... Diamond Lil's 4
BusterQuin Stevie Wonder in Japan Miscellaneous 0
Rumrat I wonder. Diamond Lil's 6
thereverend Champex and other wonder drugs... Health & Fitness 27
Rumrat I Wonder After Afghanistan and the gulf? Diamond Lil's 7
soleil Scotsman (Opinion): "No wonder Jack Tar's jolly ......" Current Affairs 0
Ja5on I wonder how long he will have the piss taken out of? Diamond Lil's 0
trelawney126 No Wonder I'm So Knackered Diamond Lil's 4
chockhead819 Wonder why this didn't make the news Current Affairs 11
chieftiff I wonder what has changed in 30 years? Current Affairs 11
C I wonder if anyone could help me. RMR 8
bigbaddog F-15 (One-Wing Wonder) Diamond Lil's 37
N Royal sprog on the way - wonder who the father is? Diamond Lil's 21
creddly I Wonder How SnapDragon's Doing... The Gash Barge 22
Skunkmiester I wonder how many days nine's for this? Diamond Lil's 10
MoD_RSS British Embassy Yemen: International Programme Fund COVID-19 call for proposals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of PM and CDL call with business leaders 20 October MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Prime Minister of Greece: 20 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for proposals for project work in Ukraine under FCDO International Programme Open Futures and Climate Diplomacy Fund 2020-2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FCDO US State Green Economy Report: call for bids MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of PM phone call with European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and European Council President Charles Michel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Chancellor Merkel of Germany: 11 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Macron: 10 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President of the European Council Charles Michel: 7 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence on 'Air Quality Partners' to support local authorities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President of the European Commission: 3 October 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for emerging women leaders from Pakistan to apply for UK’s Chevening scholarship scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President el-Sisi: 29 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Erdogan of Turkey: 28 September 2020 MoD News 0
D Triage Call - What To Expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS PM call with PM Suga of Japan: 23 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Bids: Promoting Societal Links between Gaza & West Bank MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches call for evidence on video game loot boxes MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Kenya: call for bids MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for help to solve our data challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovation call for urban drone technology MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Questions and Answers to CSSF Call for Proposals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Irish Taoiseach Micheál Martin: 9 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with King Salman of Saudi Arabia: 8 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Macron: 7 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of Foreign Secretary call with Heiko Maas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: An inspection of UKVI’s ‘Front End Services’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Readout of PM's call with Mohammed bin Salman: 2 September 2020 MoD News 0