They don't build Jack like they used to.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by NotmeChief, Jun 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A KEYHAM man who admitted flattening a Royal Navy Chief Petty Officer with a single punch has been jailed at Plymouth Crown Court – and told he was lucky not to face a manslaughter charge.

CPO Flattened
  2. Seems said CPO may have been due a least 8)
  3. The comments thread in the link is a quality read.
  4. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Made me chuckle a bit too. I'm sure that amount of anti navy, and forces in general, isn't a true representation of local feeling though.
  5. Chiefy slagging off wife in public! o_O

Looks like his attacker saved his life! :biggrin:
  6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Alot of heated feelings being vented,,, :lol:

I agree it isn't a true representation of local feeling, but these kocks always seem to be the loudest. Reading the dribble reminds me to go into "defence mode" every visit south of the border. From personal experience I've always thought pompey was more dangerous. :roll:
  7. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I think 15+ years ago I would have tended to agree, but the decline of numbers here, civvies venturing into Union Street and the general decline of the area has seen Guzz overtake Pompey, IMO.
  8. I remember one of the lads on the Maidstone getting a serious beating from the local thugs (The Beach Boys) in Helensburgh. His whole messdeck went ashore the following evening and dished out some serious retribution, happy days.
  9. Same in Rothesay Isle Of Bute.Jack was being ambushed by Glasgow neds on holiday also a running battle with a load of poison dwarfs from the H.L.I. The skipper cleared lower deck, granted free gangway the rig to be no.8s negative caps. Retribution was awful to behold. End of problem. The quality of the comments in the Plymouth paper site reinforces all that I've heard about the West Country.
  10. Bear in mind that one punch in the right place can knock ANYONE, out, ANYONE, even the best heavy weight boxers are often taken down in one. This forum is probably viewed by someone who knows the CPO, and I doubt they'd take kindly to some people's comments, especially the hassle the CPO has probably had to go through, just bear it in mind, how would YOU feel.
  11. I notice all the comments have been taken down. :lol: