There is no Santa in RNR Sea Res Branch

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
farmer_jack said:
randy_riveter said:
And here`s us young AB`s having been told that we would have them for November 2008 ceremonies if we were good boys and girls!???

quote]

I would have thought No1's or other more recognisable RN rig would have been more appropriate surely? Isnt the whole point of the Memo that we arent visible enough as RN in the public eye, who think anyone in CS95 is a Perce?

F_J

Get back to your cattle farmer Jack. He's refering to the new branch badges we were promised a couple of months ago. :dwarf:

R12_CV

Lantern Swinger
speaking as an old git, this last couple of weeks have been cold down here in pompey (milder now though) but I know 4's wouldn't have kept me as warm as the green stuff has. Not without fleece, gloves, boots, neck and head insulation... I mean, wtf thermal protection has a windy and wooly p?

Why not issue similar layers to CS in blue; ie all above (Without the twists)

I know...costs.

tommo

War Hero
My dad being a salty mechant Chief Engineering Officer as he was gave me set as a joining up present saying "You'll need a set of those boy"

SoylentGreen

Badgeman
..............OK, if anyone here still actually needs Sea Res branch badges, next time you're in Nelson just go to the stores there and ask - they didn't even need my kit record book. They should have all the CS95 badges too.

There seems to be a lot of discussion over who should wear what rig. The final answer to this is easy. I don't know about you lads, but I get TOLD what rig I have to wear for training weekends etc. In the Sea Res branch for SPO training weekends, this is CS95s. I've yet to see a lone dissenter in 4's.

If you have been issued CS95s, you should have them in a wearable state i.e. with TRF/RN badges sewn on. If your LSA refuses to get these ordered for you, inform your branch LH/SR as approriate. My RFPO stated in the last Northern Region weekend that all Sea Res ratings should now be wearing the 'new' branch badges - so nobody has an excuse for not issuing these.

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
[quote="SoylentGreen]If you have been issued CS95s, you should have them in a wearable state i.e. with TRF/RN badges sewn on. If your LSA refuses to get these ordered for you, inform your branch LH/SR as approriate. My RFPO stated in the last Northern Region weekend that all Sea Res ratings should now be wearing the 'new' branch badges - so nobody has an excuse for not issuing these.[/quote]

We have branch LH/SR's? Cool.. where do we have to go to actually get one of these?

PINCH

War Hero
randy_riveter Wrote………
Senior rates please listen or you will be managing ghosts.........!

It sounds to me like they ARE ALREADY

BISLEY wrote…
On ranges i would say CS95's are to be worn as they are more durable and weatherproof.

On a range I would like to STAND OUT, and not blend into the ground or trees, however; I could be wrong but I have a self preservation streak.

trehorn2 Wrote……….

Finally we get nice warm, waterproof clothing that is more comfortable than 4's and they decide we're not allowed to wear them????

Now your getting the picture… It has always be thus

Dunkers wrote……….Very clearly a man of sense….
too expensive to issue to those who don't really need them, hence the decision. I don't think you have a valid drip here…

Thank you Dunkers… The still small voice of calm

2badge_mango Wrote…………..

Bring back watch coats!.........

Outstanding, I loved them, and you could hide a howitzer under the Watch coat..

SO2Seaman

Lantern Swinger
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Sea(Res) Branch
All RFPOs, our 2 WOs, myself, SO1 and CMR are having an O Group tomorrow, and one of the items on the agenda is CS95. I will be sending out an ETM giving clear guidence. However, I do not mandate rig in RTCs, I can only recommend, as it is the CO's decision.
SO2Seaman

danny

War Hero
PINCH said:
On a range I would like to STAND OUT, and not blend into the ground or trees, however; I could be wrong but I have a self preservation streak. [/b]

If i was stood on a range my rig would be the last thing i was worrying about.