There is no Santa in RNR Sea Res Branch

Bisley

War Hero
mazza_magoo said:
dunkers said:
Not any more actually r_r - SPO rig is once again no 4s..!
Unless working with/attached to FPGRM then you wear the same rig as them dunkers.

The RN Temp Memo is very open on when CS95 can be worn in my opinion. A good clause is this one:-

Operational Training, Exercises and Adventurous Training in the land environment.

On ranges i would say CS95's are to be worn as they are more durable and weatherproof

On normal working day No4's. On board down to the skipper as stated in the RN Temp Memo

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
randy_riveter said:
Sorry mate.........Not sure?
It`s part of the uniform for our branch.
Not my choice or decision...........?
At least a Royal Navy badge would differentiate us from pongos and crabs.
r_r,
I get the impression that you thought I was trying to be facetious or clever in my post. Not so, I was merely enquiring why you needed them, I don't know what branch you are, but if a civil answer is beyond you, I'm sorry I mentioned it.

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
The navy, having spent what must be tens of thousands of pounds over the last three years equipping the RNR with combats, have now decided that they don't like them?????

Finally we get nice warm, waterproof clothing that is more comfortable than 4's and they decide we're not allowed to wear them????

I know they want jack to look like jack but we haven't been issued with anything suitable to replace them (water proof/warm).

No branch badges at CERES either, by the way!

dunkers

War Hero
trehorn2 said:
I know they want jack to look like jack but we haven't been issued with anything suitable to replace them (water proof/warm).

Yes we have. You can have as much waterproofing and layers with 4s as with CS95. Foulie jacket & overtrousers; wooly pulley; 4's with white tshirt. There is a new combats design in the works which will be too expensive to issue to those who don't really need them, hence the decision. I don't think you have a valid drip here. ;)

randy_riveter said:
And here`s us young AB`s having been told that we would have them for November 2008 ceremonies if we were good boys and girls!???

quote]

I would have thought No1's or other more recognisable RN rig would have been more appropriate surely? Isnt the whole point of the Memo that we arent visible enough as RN in the public eye, who think anyone in CS95 is a Perce?

F_J

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
dunkers said:
trehorn2 said:

Yes we have. You can have as much waterproofing and layers with 4s as with CS95. Foulie jacket & overtrousers; wooly pulley; 4's with white tshirt. There is a new combats design in the works which will be too expensive to issue to those who don't really need them, hence the decision. I don't think you have a valid drip here. ;)

Have you any idea how long it took me to get the combats they eventually gave me? And that was with units being issued with TM's instructing them to order the required clothing! The wooley pullies are no where near as warm as the norgies, fleeces and combat jackets we currently have!

My drip is that No4's are sh*te! Uncomfortable and not warm enough for UDS/QM/BM duties on a cold evening. I think that many in the RN/RNR would agree with that sentiment. Of course, this is just my opinion and as we all know, opinions are like bum holes. Everyone is entitled to one! :thumright: