There is no Santa in RNR Sea Res Branch

randy_riveter

Midshipman
Well thats me finally realised after over 40 years that Santa does not exist!......
I wrote to him asking for my new branch badges.. even asked his Elf(Branch- CPO) who works in my unit several times.... Never got my presents?
When I asked the Elf (CPO), he shrugged his shoulders and could`nt care less.
In my letter to santa I also asked for green slides and greenRoyal Navy badges for my 95`s........Santa`s Elf(CPO) told me he had his green slides and badges and thats all that mattered...?
And here`s us young AB`s having been told that we would have them for November 2008 ceremonies if we were good boys and girls!???

No wonder moral is sub zero at times...........Correct rig, gives correct impression, gives professional image, and gives self worth...and ensures staff feel they belong in their chosen unit.

dunkers

War Hero
Can we have that in English please.

So your LSA is a cock? That's a shame, but your unit's Command is worse for allowing it.

randy_riveter

Midshipman
Funny......... Dunkers....Thats the name the the CPO is usually called by us shipmates........We must all be good judges of character?

It was written a little tongue in cheek.....Sorry.

randy_riveter

Midshipman
Sorry mate.........Not sure?
It`s part of the uniform for our branch.
Not my choice or decision...........?
At least a Royal Navy badge would differentiate us from pongos and crabs.

SO2Seaman

Lantern Swinger
SO2Seaman is about to go to bed as he is off skiing with his 2 young daughters very early tomorrow morning, so I'm not sure he will be able to follow this up as quickly as he would want to. However, pse PM me with details (let's not put units or individuals in the public forum) and when I get back next week, I will ask a few questions!
Sorry I could not reply in verse.
SO2Seaman

clanky

War Hero
randy_riveter said:
Well thats me finally realised after over 40 years that Santa does not exist!......
I wrote to him asking for my new branch badges.. even asked his Elf(Branch- CPO) who works in my unit several times.... Never got my presents?
When I asked the Elf (CPO), he shrugged his shoulders and could`nt care less.
In my letter to santa I also asked for green slides and greenRoyal Navy badges for my 95`s........Santa`s Elf(CPO) told me he had his green slides and badges and thats all that mattered...?
And here`s us young AB`s having been told that we would have them for November 2008 ceremonies if we were good boys and girls!???

No wonder moral is sub zero at times...........Correct rig, gives correct impression, gives professional image, and gives self worth...and ensures staff feel they belong in their chosen unit.

When you get to Chief, you will of course drop everthing every time one of your ABs wants some badges for his pretty uniform. Especially if its for the CS95s he should no longer be wearing anyway. :thumright:

randy_riveter

Midshipman
You are all missing the very serious point..........!
Junior staff should be assisted to have the correct uniform for their branch; and should be guided and coached by their Senior Rates.........
Retention is very much is paramount to new staff feeling valued and guided.
I personally feel very little of both.......And so do my immediate peers.
Senior rates please listen or you will be managing ghosts.........!