There 'aint 'arf been some crabby bas**rds

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Aug 12, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Great Unwashed.
    There used to be a term used in the RN of which very little is heard nowadays. That term is "crabby".
    Now I realise that modern 21st century ships and submarines are much more geared up to
    keeping their crews all clean and smelling nice, but there was a time when even though ships
    and boats had showers, wash basins and Chinese Laundries - there was occasionally the
    odd member of the Ships Company who...shall we say was a little "shower shy" or had a dislike
    to soap, water, toothpaste, ironing, clean socks etc. Perhaps some of you may have shared a
    Messdeck with such a creature?
    As I was (for the most part), a sun dodging tramp....well Terms and Conditions apply, but I did once
    have the misfortune to share a 4-man Mess with a four-eyed, ginger matelot who as far as I can
    recall for his entire stay in my mess, hardly set foot in the fu**ing bathroom and absolutely never,
    ever-ever changed the sheets or pillowcases on his pit until I threw it all out of the window of the
    old Boscawen Block in Drake. He was always in the shit and eventually got hoofed outside which
    was probably a good thing.
    Can you remember any walking scran-bags with personal hygiene shortcomings then? Names
    not required in order to protect the stinking, minging, idle, loafing, gopping, smelly, crabby fu**ers.