Therapy sessions

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by WS_wannabe, Jul 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First of all i would like to say hello to everyone and it is good to finally meet people who are potential recruits as well!

Secondly i would like to ask whether therapy sessions for depression would hinder entrance into the Royal Navy. I am yet to do my psychometric tests, but would like to know if i actually stand a chance with a history of depression?

Thanks for any help!!
  2. That would be down to the MO doing your medical. Angrydoc maybe along to give more advice.

Have you overcome the depression and do you still need therapy springs to mind (and what caused it, if anything did)
  3. I still go occasionally for touch up appointments although i dont take any medication. It was caused from a death of a parent from cancer, so nothing trivial.
  4. I know you have said you don't take any medication for this, but were you prescribed any, and if so, for how long?
  5. I'm confused. Dee muppet, dont you already have your date for Raleigh? This would have come up in your medical surely hun?

Okay now my reply looks daft, but when I typed it there was a post by Dee Muppet replying and saying he/she has never taken medication for it....?
  6. Adrift,

You could edit your post ...... but (just for the record you understand :wink:) it will remain intact here.

No problem, but nice to see that 'tis not only us 'seniors' who have those moments...:slow:
  7. As far as I know and it isn't a lot, the Navy is quite particular about psychological issues. I think having suffered from depression due to a particular traumatic event isn't a problem, but I believe you will need to have been free from symptoms/treatment for at least 2 years.

Angry Doc as mentioned before will probably be more useful.
  8. Thanks Bob, I'm fine with looking daft. I have teenagers here as judge and jury, so I apparently look daft all the time!

I have serious concerns about the OP now. I do hope they do the right thing, contact the AFCO and give full details about all of this. Before it gets any closer to the September Raleigh starting date. Otherwise it could have consequences for a lot of others, as well as themselves.