Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Therapeutic Cider? As beneficial as eating apples?

If cider is confirmed as beneficial, should the RN introduce a daily Cider Ration for all rates?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, we would all be pissed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Father_Famine

Lantern Swinger
Hi, I can relate that it goes down a treat, On the Gloster in Portsmouth in 1986 ( I think) we had a new contractor for potatoes and veg, the driver, a janner, who had a brother who made the meanest scrumpy I have ever had.
We used to provide the washed out teepol containers and for a couple of quid a gallon, he used to bring them back full with the next delivery.

You could smell it down the main drag when a gallon was opened in the galley. not as bad as the smell from the heads later on :oops:

Fishmeister, I wish you the best of luck and if you need a sampler, I can pop down with my cuckoo clock as soon as. :p

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
I can remember losing several 24 hour periods as a result of drinking cider ... no wait, come to think of it, I can't remember it at all.

Never touch the stuff anymore as it makes me do things which are even more stupid than normal.
SF

Father_Famine said:
Hi, I can relate that it goes down a treat, On the Gloster in Portsmouth in 1986 ( I think) we had a new contractor for potatoes and veg, the driver, a janner, who had a brother who made the meanest scrumpy I have ever had.
We used to provide the washed out teepol containers and for a couple of quid a gallon, he used to bring them back full with the next delivery.

You could smell it down the main drag when a gallon was opened in the galley. not as bad as the smell from the heads later on :oops:

Fishmeister, I wish you the best of luck and if you need a sampler, I can pop down with my cuckoo clock as soon as. :p

Teepol flavoured cider? What like that tendency towards sherry cask flavoured whisky (8O)? I presume it stripped the skin off your mouths?

Fismeister, feel free to cyberpost some cider on RR for us all to test out for you - just to check that it's safe for you to drink! :D

Steve.

Latest Threads