Theme Chaos

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Good_CO, Mar 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There will be a certain amount of site appearance problems this morning as I put an updated version of the Navy theme on - no great change don't worry. Same colours and logo. If your page goes chaotic with stuff and colours all over the place, please bear with it and try again after a couple of minutes.

The change is to add a new menu - done on ARRSE yesterday with 99.9% positive feedback.

There will also see some changes to the way the site switches between RM and RN, and the front page layout will change slightly to be more user friendly (also done on ARRSE yesterday ( http://www.arrse.co.uk )).

2. O7.05 am in New Zealand Good CO and the changes look good

3. Also there were about 10 people using the 'beta' royal_navy theme. I'm going to chop this so you will be put back to royalnavy, although the new version. Sorry and thanks for trying!

If you're wondering what the hell this is all about, you can change how the site looks here: http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Your_Account/edit=prefs.html once you're a member

4. Thanks - bit of positive feedback's always nice.

5. Looks good from here, like it.

6. lookin superb from here

7. Yeah! Crazy man!

8. Glad you like it folks as a surprising amount of work is involved in this sort of thing. Bringing me to.....

an apology to the 3 users of the White RM theme who will have returned to find the same desert cam as everyone else.

9. Looks good - very professional!

10. Good job shippers like the new look a big improvement BZ!!!!

11. Surely their's should be pink, no?

12. Pretty impressive... No problems accessing today.
    :smile:

:oops: Spoke too soon.... will try later...

13. Very impressed...
    BZ to everyone involved.

14. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Looking good, could you have a go at the time thing on posts, they all end in 24 no matter when posted.....or is it just me.-

15. Very pretty!!! :wink:

16. I'm not seeing that janner - could you capture a screenshot of the problem and post it here for us to see?

Ghostie

17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Here is the top line from my last post

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:24 Post subject: Re: Theme Chaos

and from yours

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:24 Post subject: Re: Theme Chaos

times are the same and both wrong, is it me?

18. Janner

My times look normal and corect.

19. Logon is okay, but I cannot access 'More Rum!', 'Purple etc' or 'Membership' - anyone also getting this ?

20. Looks great! :razz: VERY professional!

I used the shop for the first time today from the link - one slight caveat - it kept going wrong and telling me the page didn't exist when I tried navigating from menu to menu for paying for the goods I ordered, but eventually worked. Perhaps this is due to high internet traffic?

Will we be getting a link to AARSEpedia in the future or our own MATELOTpedia to develop from scratch, in which case it should be fun writing the entry for Sam the Man Dicosta! :wink: :lol: