Them bloody gay jokes

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by JockJack, Feb 10, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Tags:
  1. Something I am always met with be it from friends or online are all those terrible jokes about the Navy and Sailors being gay. Obviously when these jokes come about I hold my chin high and my arrse tight and attempt a reply some work some don't . Are other members of RR also met with these jokes?

I'm not sure how it all came about be it from Nelsons navy and no women being allowed on board or perhaps from the village people. Anyways do a lot of people have these experiences with people? Does it annoy you? ;)

2. I always say "Its legal these days but not compulsory"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. "It's not compulsory"????? the lying bastards tricked me !

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. I find "wow that's original, never heard that before. Make it up all by yourself?" in a really bored tone usually kills their jolly jape in its tracks.

Now I work in the nuclear industry, I always get "do you glow in the dark?" Or words to that effect. The same approach works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Cheers chaps. I find its always rather shitee patter from them, these are a good read.

6. You know what they say about being in the Navy...
    If you don't sleep on your back.... someone will.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Part of the problem may be due to the alleged quote of Churchill when accused by a crusty WW1 admiral of interfering with naval tradition ( possibly connected with switching the Navy from coal to oil).
    Depending on the source, he is supposed to have said: "And what is naval tradition? Nothing but rum, sodomy and the lash."

Another version has him saying: "Nothing but rum, sodomy, prayers and the lash."

He is also recorded as having denied making the quote - but saying that he wished he had!

From the RN point of view, the accuracy of the quote might be judged by the fact that he was, amongst other things, a cavalry officer, a journalist and a politician. But by WW2, I would submit that he was the right man to be in the right job at the right time.

• Like Like x 3

8. You are Peter Tatchell and I claim my £5!

• Like Like x 3
  9. As the quips are usually made in a light hearted way I always replied in a similar way looking for a laugh. I never took offence because usually none was intended

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah that is true, laughing it off or joining in does no harm, though the patter gets old quickly especially when its the same gags over and over.

11. If it's the same people keep giving them the same reply. When they realise there's no sport to be had they'll move on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Re-reading this seems like this is my call for help :rolleyes:

13. I take offense to that SB! Pistols at Dawn?

14. I normally reply along the lines of "Why? Would you like to suck my cock?" That normally silences the halfwit cunts that trade in such shitty insults.

They're usually the type of people that think playing gay or scared down the mess is weird. Losers.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. What happens when they say YES Monty?:D

16. We win the game of gay or scared.

17. What if they are biseuxal?

18. Then hope to god they're not game for touchy feely time!

19. Then you make them Buy It

• Like Like x 1
  20. Oh yeah, we know all about that one!

• Like Like x 3