The Worst Online Bollocks

Discussion in 'The Internet - Best and Worst' started by Good_CO, Oct 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not the most imaginative, but here's the starter:

Pixel Ads. What the fark was that all about? Make the advertising as small and insignificant as possible and then try to sell it. Nice plan. http://www.freepixeladvertising.com/ . Nice bit of luck for the guy that did the first one and got novelty value, but really, what a load of shite.

2. Good CO, Ive got that beat!!

Check this: http://www.project-x.org.uk/projectxcentralmain.html

If the UK is ever invaded by foreign forces, our Military is crushed and we have no hope left, we can sleep safe in the knowledge that these blokes are going to sort it out!!

OMFG. :rambo:

3. Excellent - good to know we're in good hands. Looks like they've got gravity cracked too:

http://www.project-x.org.uk/projectxcentralmain.html

"Project X research into gravity has only one goal. To understand it enough to produce a repelling force. This has obvious uses and one of these is travel. We have all held two magnets against each other and felt the resistance. If gravity is based on magnetism it should be easy. " :)

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

But, but.... I thought it was true.

5. :jocolor:

6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Perhaps someone should point them in the direction of Alberts book: Relativity, the special and general theory it's been around long enough (1916) they might then abandon their search for a magnetic solution to the gravity problem!

Interestingly there is a viable levitation device which may help us to alleviate the problems of friction, we won't be levitating around on skateboards anytime soon though!

Levitation has been elevated from being pure science fiction to science fact, according to a study reported today by physicists.

In theory the discovery could be used to levitate a person
    In earlier work the same team of theoretical physicists showed that invisibility cloaks are feasible.

Now, in another report that sounds like it comes out of the pages of a Harry Potter book, the University of St Andrews team has created an 'incredible levitation effects’ by engineering the force of nature which normally causes objects to stick together.

Telegraph article form August on reversing the Casimir force

Nearly forgot to put my personal addition to the utter drivel you can find out there:Crop Circle "research" Tin foil hats firmly on.

7. I think you're giving the project x nutters far too much credit CT. Someone flopped open a textbook they didn't understand and got their Maxwells equations all arse about face. That or they think "Delta" is one of the fundamental forces.....I hope they play with some tesla coils.

Nice read about the Casimir reversal though.

Meanwhile on Weebls stuff. The Fart Button. Weak.
    http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/Fart+Button/

8. I liked the tune. The window licker does too.

9. I was going to post a link to the Joint Supply Chain Doctrine site but spenny's link to the Project-X site is, on balance, far more useful.

10. "Levitation has been elevated from being pure science fiction to science fact, according to a study reported today by physicists."

Well if I remember my A level physics, and Newton's laws, every stationary object is being acted on by two equal and opposite forces.

So all the project-x crew need to overcome gravity is a size 10 boot up the backside.

11. I have an anti gravity device in my house, several in fact. The Government has been trying for ages to get legal access to my house to confiscate them for the common good. 'They are only chairs' I say......but the Government officials know different.
    I've taken my front and back doors off their hinges so they can't get in....no doors = no way in, right. They'll be back though! AND I'm ready!

12. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Wikipedia.