the worlds most famous shirtlifter!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by seafarer1939, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Show how bored we are at the local boozer but to get away from the election some asked who was the most famous bender that has ever been.
    This quickly turned into a raffle for the Help 4 Heroes charity.
    30 of us put in a fiver to nominate a famous chutney ferret and a local university professor will announce the winner next week,proceeds to the above.
    I was trying to chose between Alexander the Great,Tchaikovsky,Julius Caesar or Shaka Amazulu.
    In the end I went for Alexander and I'll win.
    Someone at the end of the bar said Danny LaRue but he was on his fifth/seventh? Magners.
    Have I missed any famous ones?James Dean and Rock Hudson are out.
    Bit childish but it will raise £150 quid for the troops.
    By the way the professor is of that ilk so should know.

2. Got this from Wikipedia (is that allowed... :D

'It is plausible that the earliest gay icon was Saint Sebastian. The combination of his strong, shirtless physique, the symbolism of the arrows penetrating his body, and the look on his face of rapturous pain have intrigued artists both gay and straight for centuries, and began the first explicitly gay cult in the 19th century'

Now the more excitable among you...take deep breaths.....chill and put a away the birch twigs for another day.... 8)

3. Quentin Crisp (The Naked Civil Servant)

4. What about his mate Oscar Wilde? :roll:

5. Oscar was GAY 8O :wink:

6. Achilles

7. My favorite quote :D

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    Oscar Wilde.

8. EDDIE WINDSOR. best closet beefer ever. :roll:

9. Dear, dear Noel Coward?

10. Didn't know that James Dean was a 'lifter. Every day's a school day.

Got to go for Oscar Wilde.

When I say 'go for'...

11. FROSTY THE SNOWMAN

[​IMG]

12. Supermarket sweep

13. Its got to be Alexander. There's buggers named after him everywhere, and I doubt there's many of them that don't know who they're named after. There's probably buggers descended from him near enough everywhere too. Top hermer.

14. Libarace must be up there. (No pun intended.) :wink:
    Three way tie for last place Larry Grayson, Graham Norton and Boy George. :D

15. What about Michael Jackson? A (bleached) dark horse slipping in through the back door as an unconfirmed favourite?

16. David Jones, Reginald Dwight, Farrokh Bulsara, Lord Louis Mountbatten, Ted Heath,
    The Sultan of Oman,

... These help any?

17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Liberace was gay? Fuck. Better burn that laminated poster i have of him then.

18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

That Joseph bloke, the one who's missus had to look elsewhere for a bit of cock action because he was to busy shagging blokes. Blamed the birth on the big fella to hide his gayness.

JJ has a point with Hitler. Never proved but lots of queries over his sexuality.