The Worlds Biggest 'Gobshite'

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by NotmeChief, Dec 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This 'thing' that is opposed to any form of punishment for criminals, whatever they have done, has come up again this morning with more verbal diarrhoea, this time against yobs and ferals having to wear a visible vest when doing community service.

She (and I'm not sure about that bit either) says "it will cheapen them", isn't that the whole idea, to cheapen and shame them? they are nothing but turds anyway.

[​IMG]

The only shite that ever comes from her gob is 'criminals have human rights', well let me tell you miss fcuking gobshite, so do honest law abiding people.

2. It would be nice to see a few "Human Responsibilities" lawyers.

3. If it were totaly up to her we would not need prisons !!

4. ..........Until she gets mugged and beaten, gang raped, a member of her family is stabbed. I'm sure then it would change your mind you stupid, naive, half-wit, fcking boot.

5. Who is she? Is she a .....Celebrity? Should I recognise her?

6. She - the do-good brigade is what is wrong with the world today.

Long live the revolution and we go back to the old values.

Coppers over 6 feet tall.

Being able to speak ones mind without fear of recrimination.

Wrong do-oers being chastised in public. If you do wrong you lose any rights that law abiding folk are privy to.

7. Of course along with that you also get Mr Plod's right to fit you up when convenient, your employers right to sack you at will, and so on and so on.

8. tut tut no respectable crim is going to want to where that. Where's the hoody in it

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I only hope none of you have your "yoomun rites" taken away from you..! :roll:

Whether you agree with the organisation or not (and I imagine much of the criticism in this thread would not be apparent if Shami Chakrabarti was buxom, white and sexy!) I am glad "Liberty" "Amnesty International" etc. exist to prick the social consciences of certain people in the world.

I know it's been posted here before but I am always reminded of "First they came…" is an evocative poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. A similar sentiment evident in today's society.

[align=center]When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.
    [/align]

More info here.

10. I do not think it is a case of removing anyones HR, it is the never ending harping on and on how a murderer who tortured some poor person has somehow got more HR than the person who was murdered.

As always they do have some valid points, however once again thay are allowed to include the HR issue with murderers, rapists, muggers, terrirists who have killed may people and the like.

I am sorry but if you commit any of those crimes, you have no HR to rely on.

They should of course be treated fairly in prison, but not TV, x box. etc etc and as for pre meditated murderers there is only one route for them and it would save millions of pounds, that again will never happen because the goverment will not let the public vote on it.

Had my drip,

next!!

11. Great poem mate. Thanks for the post.

12. It's not quite as simple as the name of her 'Pressure Group' implies.
    She and her ilk just go against anything and everything anyone or any organisation tries to implement in the cause of justice.

13. Not a drip mate. Some very valid observations.

Too many times are criminal treated better than the innocent. Foreign holidays because they have had a deprived background. The list goes on.

Every one is entitled to their HR's but to the level they lead a better life after crime than before.

14. You called?

15. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

I have no problem with the concept of "Human Rights", however they need to be balanced by the concept of complementary responsibilities to society.

Wot, like Cheri Booth? :pukel:

Agreed - but see the point above regarding "responibilities" to go along with the "rights".

Spot on, couldn't agree more.

16. Correct, that's because at the other end of the scale someone is saying that they should face extreme punishment. Out of these to extremes comes the middle ground where most of us live (although judging by most of the posters on here it seems the RN Community is a pretty far right one) and common sense prevails.

17. Everyone has rights....in my humble opinion you forfeit those rights when you breach someones elses equally important rights.....