Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worlds Biggest 'Gobshite'

NotmeChief

Banned
This 'thing' that is opposed to any form of punishment for criminals, whatever they have done, has come up again this morning with more verbal diarrhoea, this time against yobs and ferals having to wear a visible vest when doing community service.

She (and I'm not sure about that bit either) says "it will cheapen them", isn't that the whole idea, to cheapen and shame them? they are nothing but turds anyway.

The only shite that ever comes from her gob is 'criminals have human rights', well let me tell you miss fcuking gobshite, so do honest law abiding people.

..........Until she gets mugged and beaten, gang raped, a member of her family is stabbed. I'm sure then it would change your mind you stupid, naive, half-wit, fcking boot.

Waspie

War Hero
She - the do-good brigade is what is wrong with the world today.

Long live the revolution and we go back to the old values.

Coppers over 6 feet tall.

Being able to speak ones mind without fear of recrimination.

Wrong do-oers being chastised in public. If you do wrong you lose any rights that law abiding folk are privy to.

Waspie said:
She - the do-good brigade is what is wrong with the world today.

Long live the revolution and we go back to the old values.

Coppers over 6 feet tall.

Being able to speak ones mind without fear of recrimination.

Wrong do-oers being chastised in public. If you do wrong you lose any rights that law abiding folk are privy to.

Of course along with that you also get Mr Plod's right to fit you up when convenient, your employers right to sack you at will, and so on and so on.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I only hope none of you have your "yoomun rites" taken away from you..! :roll:

Whether you agree with the organisation or not (and I imagine much of the criticism in this thread would not be apparent if Shami Chakrabarti was buxom, white and sexy!) I am glad "Liberty" "Amnesty International" etc. exist to prick the social consciences of certain people in the world.

I know it's been posted here before but I am always reminded of "First they came…" is an evocative poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. A similar sentiment evident in today's society.

[align=center]When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.
[/align]

More info here.

YouAreHavingALaugh

Lantern Swinger
sgtpepperband said:

More info here.

I do not think it is a case of removing anyones HR, it is the never ending harping on and on how a murderer who tortured some poor person has somehow got more HR than the person who was murdered.

As always they do have some valid points, however once again thay are allowed to include the HR issue with murderers, rapists, muggers, terrirists who have killed may people and the like.

I am sorry but if you commit any of those crimes, you have no HR to rely on.

They should of course be treated fairly in prison, but not TV, x box. etc etc and as for pre meditated murderers there is only one route for them and it would save millions of pounds, that again will never happen because the goverment will not let the public vote on it.

Had my drip,

next!!

sgtpepperband said:

Whether you agree with the organisation or not (and I imagine much of the criticism in this thread would not be apparent if Shami Chakrabarti was buxom, white and sexy!) I am glad "Liberty" "Amnesty International" etc. exist to prick the social consciences of certain people in the world.

I know it's been posted here before but I am always reminded of "First they came…" is an evocative poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. A similar sentiment evident in today's society.

I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

I remained silent;

I did not speak out;

When they came for me,
[/align]

More info here.

Great poem mate. Thanks for the post.

NotmeChief

Banned
sgtpepperband said:

It's not quite as simple as the name of her 'Pressure Group' implies.
She and her ilk just go against anything and everything anyone or any organisation tries to implement in the cause of justice.

Waspie

War Hero
YouAreHavingALaugh said:
sgtpepperband said:

More info here.

I do not think it is a case of removing anyones HR, it is the never ending harping on and on how a murderer who tortured some poor person has somehow got more HR than the person who was murdered.

As always they do have some valid points, however once again thay are allowed to include the HR issue with murderers, rapists, muggers, terrirists who have killed may people and the like.

I am sorry but if you commit any of those crimes, you have no HR to rely on.

They should of course be treated fairly in prison, but not TV, x box. etc etc and as for pre meditated murderers there is only one route for them and it would save millions of pounds, that again will never happen because the goverment will not let the public vote on it.

Had my drip,

next!!

Not a drip mate. Some very valid observations.

Too many times are criminal treated better than the innocent. Foreign holidays because they have had a deprived background. The list goes on.

Every one is entitled to their HR's but to the level they lead a better life after crime than before.

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
sgtpepperband said:

I have no problem with the concept of "Human Rights", however they need to be balanced by the concept of complementary responsibilities to society.

sgtpepperband said:
Whether you agree with the organisation or not (and I imagine much of the criticism in this thread would not be apparent if Shami Chakrabarti was buxom, white and sexy!)

Wot, like Cheri Booth? :pukel:

sgtpepperband said:
I am glad "Liberty" "Amnesty International" etc. exist to prick the social consciences of certain people in the world.

Agreed - but see the point above regarding "responibilities" to go along with the "rights".

sgtpepperband said:

I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

I remained silent;

I did not speak out;

When they came for me,
[/align]

More info here.

Spot on, couldn't agree more.

redassnotdragass

Lantern Swinger
NotmeChief said:
sgtpepperband said:

It's not quite as simple as the name of her 'Pressure Group' implies.
She and her ilk just go against anything and everything anyone or any organisation tries to implement in the cause of justice.

Correct, that's because at the other end of the scale someone is saying that they should face extreme punishment. Out of these to extremes comes the middle ground where most of us live (although judging by most of the posters on here it seems the RN Community is a pretty far right one) and common sense prevails.

Everyone has rights....in my humble opinion you forfeit those rights when you breach someones elses equally important rights.....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chicogiz Worlds biggest snake found dead! Diamond Lil's 13
MoD_RSS Being a Reservist is the best of both worlds MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully Theatre Offer: The Two Worlds of Charlie F Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
Ageing_Gracefully The Two Worlds of Charlie F Competitions 4
MoD_RSS The Two Worlds of Charlie F begins national tour Current Affairs 0
scouse The Worlds Fastest Indian Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 3
S Worlds Shortest Horror Story! Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 6
Rumrat Friggin hell we're worlds apart. Diamond Lil's 14
S the worlds most famous shirtlifter! Diamond Lil's 53
trelawney126 Worlds Largest Cruiseliner Sets Sail Current Affairs 14
Ja5on Worlds tallest man visits London Current Affairs 3
NotmeChief Just for you RJ. Worlds 2nd Ugliest Woman. Diamond Lil's 8
RonJeremy Worlds First Robotic Model Diamond Lil's 8
NotmeChief Worlds Best Job Diamond Lil's 15
NotmeChief The Worlds Saddest Songs The Quarterdeck 32
NotmeChief The worlds an ******** and England is right up it. The Quarterdeck 9
Ships_Cat Worlds first submersible car??? Motoring 3
AfterSSE Worlds worst website... Diamond Lil's 16
D Worlds Ugliest Dog! Diamond Lil's 12
higthepig Worlds easiest quiz The Gash Barge 10
slim Great Britain -- Our role as the worlds policeman Current Affairs 19
MoD_RSS Biggest ever nationwide initiative to restore nature in England set for launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM confirms £3.7 billion for 40 hospitals in biggest hospital building programme in a generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Greener homes, jobs and cheaper bills on the way as government launches biggest upgrade of nation's buildings in a generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Teachers set for biggest pay rise in fifteen years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Watch the world’s biggest military air show online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biggest number of new Universal Credit claims paid in a single day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain’s biggest road project opens to traffic eight months early MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Britain’s biggest network of diagnostic labs are completed in 5 weeks MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Health Secretary launches biggest diagnostic lab network in British history to test for coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government confirms the biggest changes to building safety in a generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New transport tech to be tested in biggest shake-up of laws in a generation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Spring opening for Britain’s biggest road project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scotland's biggest trading partner continues to be the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Policing gets biggest funding boost in decade to put more bobbies on the beat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Teachers set for biggest sustained pay increase since 2005 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 67 tech firms represent UK at world's biggest trade show MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Busted! HMRC reveals biggest criminal cases of year 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biggest multi-billion pound spending increase for councils in a decade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New research reveals the biggest risks to charities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Local government finance settlement 2020-21 proposals unveiled following biggest funding increase in almost a decade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Biggest ever emergency exercise planned for M62 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK aid’s biggest ever single direct commitment to tackle climate change in Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: UK aid funds world’s biggest educational technology research project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Boost for housing market as Japan’s biggest housebuilder, Sekisui House, moves into UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Biggest ever increase to National Living Wage comes into effect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Britain’s biggest road just got bigger MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Biggest ever upgrade of M6 in Cheshire fully open MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HS2 completes biggest demolition challenge yet at site of new Old Oak Common tunnel crossover box MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK signs up to the world’s biggest ever radio telescope MoD News 0