The world gone mad?

D

Deleted 59428

This morning ,my wife and I ,at Waitrose ,thought everyone had lost their senses.
Perhaps the younger generation has.
The world has financially over-heated and a solution needed to be found.
Get people worrying if they are going to live? What better way?
I remarked to an old gentleman in the queue that it reminded me that as a 9 year old queuing up for my gas respirator
It would be imprudent of me , on a Sunday ,to print his retort.

unclejago

The world has gone mad. Save Sweden and South Korea.
Anyone remember our first RN visit when Peace had been declared.
those intelligent, pretty, most attractive South Korean young ladies who made us most welcome.
They, the South Koreans, and Swedes have eschewed this further Influenza nonsense and just got on with it?
Why can't we?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Ratsroden and Unclejago, stop talking to yourself and decide which screen name you wish to use. Sock puppets are not to be used so make your choice before I or another Mod makes it for you.

Unless you're sat next to each other in your care home, your IP addresses are the same.

You have been warned

Barged

Last edited:

slim

War Hero
Ratsroden and Unclejago, stop talking to yourself and decide which screen name you wish to use. Sock puppets are not to be used so make your choice before I or another Mod makes it for you.

Unless you're sat next to each other in your care home, your IP addresses are the same.

You have been warned

Barged
Come on now be fair, just cos someone is a nutter gt a split personality he should not be victimised. I am of cours assuming that both characters are male and not of one of the 22 other genders available

D

Deleted 59428

You have been warned

Barged
Being warned has really frightened the inhabitants of this Ex Naval Establishment.
Our one PayBob Rear Admiral was beside himself with anxiety at the thought of having been warned and our next door Merchant Navy captain admitted he was frightened at the thought of merely having being warned . Both are not easily scared.
You must do what you will if free expression fills you with fear and horror.
Wield your power over such lesser mortals if you must and Goodbye.

slim

War Hero
Being warned has really frightened the inhabitants of this Ex Naval Establishment.
Our one PayBob Rear Admiral was beside himself with anxiety at the thought of having been warned and our next door Merchant Navy captain admitted he was frightened at the thought of merely having being warned . Both are not easily scared.
You and your alter ego really are a pair of Tossers

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Free expression is welcomed (within legal boundaries), sock puppets are not. If by goodbye you mean the Ratsroden persona is leaving then that is your choice. I look forward to your next reincarnation.

unclejago

You have been warned

Barged
A consignment of ancient spherical objects

D

Deleted 59428

A load of Old Cobblers??
You're right.
This is one of the civil service euphemisms used by the more esoteric of the Civil Servants when responding to inane and otherwise pathetic correspondents.
The MOD ones would expostulate -What a load of bloody bollocks
The Foreign Office ones--I say-What utter rot!!
Others- as you have deciphered. A load of old cobblers. Well done!
Alfacharlie thought the one with Spherical Objects -balls to us- was something to do with Belends--Whatever they are.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
If you ignore it, it will eventually go away.

Good advice for most things really.

Unless it is blood in your stool. You really should go and get that checked out.

D

Deleted 59428

"Round objects". "Who, pray, is Round, and to what doe to read that China s he object?"
What good news to read that China has recovered and back in full production mode making billions,whilst the rest of the world (save for Sweden and S Korea) is still moribund. What irony!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S World gone mad? The Quarterdeck 17
MoD_RSS New report reveals UK as world leader in online safety innovation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Conservationists rescued from one of the most isolated places in the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement by Media Freedom Coalition on World Press Freedom Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS E3 and Netherlands Foreign Ministers Statement on World Press Freedom Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 307, April 2020, World Immunization Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An open letter to vets to mark World Vet Day. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK calls for ‘long term’ approach to prepare for future pandemics at World Bank meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World's largest trial of potential coronavirus treatments rolled out across the UK MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Animal and Plant Health Agency receives £1.4 billion budget boost for world-leading Weybridge Laboratory MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World class nuclear skills in spotlight at awards ceremony MoD News 0
MoD_RSS "The world's worst humanitarian crisis can't afford to deteriorate any longer"- Calling for de-escalation in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK helps world’s poorest countries withstand the economic shock of coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safe food for tomorrow's world - 2020 Conference programme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM outlines new review to define Britain’s place in the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Our message to the world: Britain is open for business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World's first timing centre to protect UK from risk of satellite failure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1.2 billion for the world’s most powerful weather and climate supercomputer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Lima celebrates the magic world of Harry Potter with over 300 fans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK aid to help stop the spread of coronavirus around the world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Swanbarton: empowering communities in the developing world MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Baroness Morgan's speech: how we can be the greatest place in the world to grow up MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Boost for UK science with unlimited visa offer to world's brightest and best MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World takes bigger bite out of Burns Night haggis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Communities Secretary visits Jerusalem for fifth World Holocaust Forum MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Slate Landscape nominated for UNESCO World Heritage status MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Science Minister outlines the UK's world-leading role in EdTech MoD News 0
soleil CornwallLive: "German First World War Shipwreck Appears At Cornwall Beach After Storms" History 3
MoD_RSS A UK investment partnership is providing world-class health care in Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 67 tech firms represent UK at world's biggest trade show MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World going crackers for British cheese and wine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Low-emission cars to help make UK diplomats “the greenest in the world” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World craves British food this Christmas MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GC conference: Safe food for tomorrow's world MoD News 0
soleil RN Website: "World's Oldest Christmas Pud On Display In Naval Museum" History 0
soleil i: "'A Fitting Tribute': Second World War Hero's Uniform Pride Of Place On HMS Prince of Wales" History 2
MoD_RSS Animal medicines seizure notice: NPD Ventures Ltd (T/A World of Pets) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter to Dixons Carphone (Currys PC World) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Net Zero Review launched to support UK's world leading climate commitment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Production starts on world-leading respirators for UK armed forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Asia and the Pacific speech at One Young World event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Development Minister thanks Brits fighting debilitating disease on World Polio Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS International Partnership Programme wins Better Satellite World Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK rises to 8th on World Bank's ‘Ease of doing business’ index MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Office for Veterans’ Affairs will ensure the UK leads the world in care for Armed Forces Veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DFID Ghana Director's Speech on World Mental Health Day 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Rugby World Cup 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Burial of 13 World War One soldiers brings closure to crowdfunded archaeological project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First 'State of the Nation' report marks World Mental Health Day MoD News 0