The wicked witch has been charged

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by scouse, May 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just for one blissful moment I thought the wide-mouthed frog (Mrs Bliar) had finally been caught. Somewhat disappointed to discover it's only the mad gwar.....

2. i haope her and her husband get the maximun possible under the law.For what they had a hand in was very distasteful

3. For some reason, when I saw the thread title a vision of Maggie Thatcher with her fingers in a 3 pin socket appeared before me.

4. Tut tut, Wrecker, what a shocking thing to think about.

5. I'm sure someone will get a belt out of my vision.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Finks will be along shortly......then the sparks will fly !

7. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

One would have thought that you could have shown a spark of human kindness Wrecks

8. I'm just waiting for Guzzler to appear, I'm positive he's negative about our Maggie. I hope he doesn't flash!

9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Some bottoms will now be twitching at the Palace of Westminster.

• Like Like x 1
  10. That applies to journalists, besides it's not contempt, more professional disdain!

11. Lets hope she has her hair done before any more appearances, she's like an old highland hag!

12. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

This has not been in front of a court yet. It is just the charging stage. However, I would love to see Brooks answering her bail, being charged and then marched straight in front of a Beak.

Both defence and prosecution would say they need time to prepare, the Beak will adjourn to a later date. What this would do is bring the matter into the court system so anyone who 'leaks' details prior to the trial can be charged with Contempt of Court.

However, this will not happen and I expect the meedja to be full of leaks from both sides over the next few weeks so the defence can claim that she has not had a chance of a fair trial (not that she ever gave her victims one!) and charges are dropped, reduced to such a meaningless point that the court will end up saying sorry to her and giving her loads of compensation!

And people call me cynical :)

13. As soon as someone is arrested, the contempt of court act kicks in, let alone charged or appearing in court. The Act is way out of date now as it simply hasn't caught up with the Internet age...

... that said, Rum Ration is a PUBLICATION... and therefore ultimately falls under it, in the same way that you were to say Celebrity X was a burglar or something dodgy would end up in a libel case...

I would be very very surprised if any court took action, of course, but by the letter of the law...

14. I don't think "distasteful" should be a criminal offence. If it was it would be goodbye to this and every other MB I've ever visited.

Its Brooks against the Beeb/Guardan/Labour so I hope for her triumphant acquital.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Wonder who is going to pay for her legal fees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???.

16. Leave her alone- I want to play with her ginger piss whiskers.

• Like Like x 1