The whitewash continues.....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Inderabid

They'll be clearing her of having sex with her husband next. 'Oh, you weren't aware that is how babies are made Ms. Jowell?' :evil:
  2. Will anybody fall on anybody's sword when they have been found out while holding high office?
  3. Don't be silly - they're politicians. I always thought that a sense of honour automatically debarred you from becoming an MP.
  4. Myth or Fact - Didn't Military Officers have to resign their commissions if they ran for Parliament?
  5. Fact. Still the case if you are on the active list, except for 5*s
  6. .........and indeed other ranks. In the early '60's we had a gunner who was detailed off to be the Major's batman. He refused and said he would rather leave the army than skivvy for him. He was put in the guardroom to reconsider as leaving was not an option. The outcome was that the PO Tel held a whip round and got the deposit required for him to stand as an independent in the parliamentary elections coming up, whereapon under the rules he was immediately discharged much to the battery commanders chagrin. One up for the lads :D
  7. It is indeed true, but you can be a reservist and an MP.
  8. Have any ex-Servicemen become decent MPs?
  9. Paddy ashdown , ex-RM , SBS as well . A gang of lads tried to mug him
    in Weston-super-mare .He beat the crap out of 2 of them and the others legged it . Top man was always shagging as well .
  10. Its amazing how these stories get changed, it was one pi**ed up man with a knife, Paddy took the knife from him and the chap legged it. (I was told this by the man himself)
  11. Well actually my mates mate was there and one of them had a AK 47 , paddy dia-armed him then shoved the barrel up his arrse.

12. ...that's nothing. I broke up a fight in Liverpool the other night. I decked 2 and scattered the other 4.

...then drove off without stopping.
  13. How about Nicholas Soames? (Although he was a Pongo)
  14. The ancient greeks, who we are told invented this thing called democracy, ruled that you couldn't hold political office unless you had served in the military.
    Might make Bliar think things through a bit more if he had... Even if it was just the fact you can't keep cutting the number of ships while increasing the number of deployments.

Oh yes the ancient greeks also believed ambition for office was a disqualifier for office.
  15. They also believed that women were for children but boys for fun!

16. "paddy pantsdown"
    how do you know he was always shagging ?! :)
  17. Depends on your idea of "decent"......

Jim Callaghan was an RN officer in WW2 and of course became PM, and the Duke of Wellington did similar.
  18. If Ignorance is bliss,you now know why Tony Blair grins so much!