Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The welfare System...... Too good or Not good enough?

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
For those that haven't picked up on it, you can claim part of your other halves tax allowance if they are aren't using it all, I think it's close to £1200 now, so it's worth looking into.

Sumo

War Hero
For those that haven't picked up on it, you can claim part of your other halves tax allowance if they are aren't using it all, I think it's close to £1200 now, so it's worth looking into.
Las time I looked I was earning too much to do that.

Definitely @janner - Dependent on qualifying income(s)*

When that scheme was first introduced it was me who had to point it out to our accountant (FGS :mad: !). EDIT - BTW he was binned shortly afterwards...

Having then just sold our business & retired he checked, I was right & told him to 'make it so'. Since then it's been Auto SOP for the two of us.:)

*Sadly, I suspect there must be quite a few 'OAPs' not quite so savvy who have yet to appreciate this scheme and no-one to advise them...Spread Ye the Word!

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
Definitely @janner - Dependent on qualifying income(s)*

When that scheme was first introduced it was me who had to point it out to our accountant (FGS :mad: !). EDIT - BTW he was binned shortly afterwards...

Having then just sold our business & retired he checked, I was right & told him to 'make it so'. Since then it's been Auto SOP for the two of us.:)

*Sadly, I suspect there must be quite a few 'OAPs' not quite so savvy who have yet to appreciate this scheme and no-one to advise them...Spread Ye the Word!

your partner pays income tax at the basic rate, which usually means their income is between £11,851 and £46,350

If you on higher rate of tax, nope

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
My point being. The level of outrage is disproportionate to the amount of people that are being outraged about.
i.e. There are hardly any people who actually see this as a lifestyle choice. Smoke and mirrors, (or the Daily Mail as we like to call it.).

Sumo

War Hero
My point being. The level of outrage is disproportionate to the amount of people that are being outraged about.
i.e. There are hardly any people who actually see this as a lifestyle choice. Smoke and mirrors, (or the Daily Mail as we like to call it.).
That because the bods, want to believe someone is getting something for nothing, and they are dipping out. Unfortunately the few scammers that hit the press adds fuel to the fire. Thus allowing politicians potential voters from the outrage bus, if they pick on the scroungers. Anything for votes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Government backs Animal Welfare (Sentencing) Bill as it takes crucial step forward MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government announces support for Animal Welfare (Sentencing) Bill in Parliament MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Expanded Animal Welfare Committee recruits new experts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government launches call for evidence on the welfare of primates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1m innovation boost for service personnel’s welfare and training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government needs to do more to improve the welfare of separated families MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New measures protect animal welfare and increase woodland cover MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Expert animal welfare body expanded to advise Government on future reforms MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Universal Credit: personal welfare MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Greyhound welfare boosted through multi-million pound deal with gambling industry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Welfare reform success with 54,000 benefit cap households taking on more work MoD News 0
pompeyexpat Royal Navy Welfare Forum for families Nearest & Dearest 1
Dredd Safety and Welfare Considerations for Christmas Land Ops 1
O Telegraph - RAF, Police, Welfare lose out Current Affairs 3
T UK seeks private bids on welfare delivery Current Affairs 0
R Help Needed from serving welfare Rep. The Quarterdeck 2
slim UK 'Worst Place For Child Welfare' Current Affairs 7
slim Welfare shake-up for lone parents Current Affairs 77
slim has the welfare state wrecked Britain? Current Affairs 47
MoD_RSS Government launches Root-and-Branch review of the parole system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary urges overhaul of adoption system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary urges overhaul to adoption system MoD News 0
O RFA System Engineer (qualified) interview RFA 7
MoD_RSS Campaign launched to ready businesses for points-based immigration system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Jenrick announces next steps to put beauty and design at heart of planning system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government to boost capacity in employment tribunal system, giving quicker outcomes for employees and employers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS MuCCA: government-backed collision avoidance system achieves world first MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK government announces Automated Lane Keeping System call for evidence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of Planning for the future consultation to reform the planning system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Common Platform system tested in criminal courts MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government sets out draft agenda for a 21st century tax system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major investment in small businesses through justice system improvements MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Special Imports System will be unavailable 20 and 21 June 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Independent review into the Post Office Ltd Horizon IT system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Emissions Trading System proposal would see UK go further in tackling climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New tech will help keep the criminal justice system moving during COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Assessment and Accreditation System (NAAS) grants MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inspection of Home Office (Borders, Immigration and Citizenship System) intelligence collection capabilities, focusing on its field intelligence wo MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 million to support transition to future farming system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government outlines further plans to support health and social care system in fight against COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Safeguarding system needs to do more to protect teens and infants from abuse and neglect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New surveillance system for early detection of COVID-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Immigration system will support Scottish economy MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Douglas Ross comment on new points-based immigration system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK announces new points-based immigration system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary announces new UK points-based immigration system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fixing the project delivery system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS How actuaries support the health and care system MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Points-based system and salary thresholds for immigration: letter from the MAC MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: "Fears Raised Over £269m Aerial Radar System" The Fleet Air Arm 0