The Wait

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Gazza82, Oct 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello
    I am currently waiting for my entry date.
    Just wanting to know how long I have to wait?
    And will I have enough warning to let my current employer know?

Thanks in advance :) :thumright:

2. You could wait up to a month (or maybe more) after completing your PJFT before you get your start date. At least that's the trend I've noticed. And yes, you'll be given plenty of time to notify your employer. If I would have had an employer 3 months notice is what I would of had to give them.

When I applied for the RN 6 months ago I didn't have a job, and I haven't had a job since! In fact it's been about 8 months. Raleigh might be bit of a shock for me I wreckon.

3. Hi gazza im from colwyn bay.. i goto llandudno to go shopping in asda alot heh

4. Colwyn Bay ey?
    Small world it is :)

5. yes it is.. i take it you goto AFCO Wrexham?

6. Yes I do. only one more time I have to travel the distance. lol
    How far are you in the recruitment process?

7. november 18th.. ive just had my pre-join brief

many a time ive visited Chief C**** or Chief H***!!

MOD Edit: Please do not post serving personnel names please guys- PERSEC

8. Oh yes Chief H*** the one I'm mostly seeing.
    Well done mate.
    So not long to go for you.

MOD Edit: Please do not post serving personnel names please guys- PERSEC

9. do you have msn or anything wanna chat about navy?

10. I pm'd my msn mate
    :thumright:

11. MOD Edit: Please do not post serving personnel names please guys- PERSEC[/quote]

Sorry. Forgot :oops: :oops: :oops:

12. Passed my PJFT at the start of Sept and still waiting for my join date as a ETME but not to worry, it'll come... :)

13. Passed PJFT at the start of August. still patiently waiting... :thumright: keep the faith.

14. Your AFCO will tell you how long the waiting list is for your branch.

The problem alot of people have is that they do not believe what the careers advisors tell them, why would they lie to you? They are there to help you and they are on your side.

It is frustrating having to wait, I have done it myself, but if you want it that bad you will wait for your date.

Just remember to do a job that you want to do, dont change to another branch because you will get in quicker.

15. I'll be sticking to my choice of career.
    The careers office said april. Tho I just want to see it in black and white I want to make it real. I do believe my careers advisor he's been very good in helping me over the months I can only praise him for the effort he's put in for me.

16. I understand what you mean. After passing my PJFT I thought I would of gotten a letter through the post just to confirm that everthing was in order and now I should just sit tight and wait for my date. However Ive had nothing and am just waiting... so for all I know they could of forgotten about me ^_^;

17. You'll get your confirmation either way sooner or later, I took everything to the AFCO the same day or next day that they asked for it, PJFT result no exception so I got mine pretty fast, just sit tight ^__^

18. Everything comes to those who wait...........

19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you passed PJFT in September & are applying to join as an ET(ME), the current waiting list is around 8 months-ish. Bear in mind it varies from month to month.

The last ET(ME) I saw allocated a joining date in March 08, having passed PJFT & being security cleared in Sept 07. If you don't hear anything before Christmas, you'll most likely be joining after Easter.

I'd be inclined to give your AFCO a ring to double-check they are not waiting for anything from you & to confirm you have been bid for an allocated entry date.

Good luck.

20. Cheers shippers, I might just do that :)